Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Go Pro line mount
Kite U.S. Forums > KiteOH Ohio Forum > Water
SaulOhio
I just finished a line mount for my Go Pro camera.

If anyone is willing, I'd love to put it on your kite when your out riding. After I have tested it on mine and determined its not going to cause any line wear. It shouldn't. I've given it a rubber coating so it has a lot of static friction, but there is nothing abrasive.

keithj
[quote name='SaulOhio' date='Mar 18 2012, 10:33 AM' post='53086']
Looks good! What type of material is it made out of? Also I need to get out in the water. I just moved back from school and have been unable to work up the nerve to head out by myself. Is there another online community that is more active? There is always guys over at conneaut but I don't feel comfortable heading out alone still. Also is a full wetsuit necessary now?
SaulOhio
QUOTE(keithj @ Mar 19 2012, 02:29 PM) *
Looks good! What type of material is it made out of? Also I need to get out in the water. I just moved back from school and have been unable to work up the nerve to head out by myself. Is there another online community that is more active? There is always guys over at conneaut but I don't feel comfortable heading out alone still. Also is a full wetsuit necessary now?

I made it from some old windsurfing sail battens. All carbon.

Yes, you will need a full wetsuit still, if not a drysuit.
SaulOhio
First test was today. Edgewater, 16M kite, up and down wind, but it worked fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5MXp8nYj5g
biohorn
Hi Saul,
I'll be at Mentor Sunday (p.m.?) It is supposed to turn later. Then Conneaut Monday, all day. Looks pretty decent. Not sure about Tuesday.

Keith. Don't head out by yourself. Ride with others. Conneaut is as good a place as almost any here in NEO.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.