Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This weekend.
Kite U.S. Forums > KiteOH Ohio Forum > Water
SaulOhio
For those who have their cold water gear, this weekend looks good. The question is, where?

Saturday looks like it may be SW or more WSW. This may mean Conneaut, or if its more SW, I may windsurf at Presque Isle. Either way, I'm going East.

Sunday looks like very strong S wind. That means Sandusky. If I'm going to the sandbar, I have a windsurfing longboard I am modifying with eye bolts so I can strap my kite gear to the deck and sail over to the sandbar from the cemetery on Johnson's Island. Or I may just windsurf from the Dempsey fishing access.
sojopo
QUOTE(SaulOhio @ Nov 10 2011, 06:19 PM) *
I have a windsurfing longboard I am modifying with eye bolts so I can strap my kite gear to the deck and sail over to the sandbar from the cemetery on Johnson's Island.

Love this idea. Next time you load it up, definitely post some pictures, gotta see the "packmule" in action.
SaulOhio
QUOTE(sojopo @ Nov 12 2011, 08:00 AM) *
Love this idea. Next time you load it up, definitely post some pictures, gotta see the "packmule" in action.

I may do it tomorrow, though its going to be very strong wind, and I may just windsurf from Dempsey's. We'll see.

But it is ready to go.

Saul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.