Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New to Depower, Located in Macomb
Kite U.S. Forums > KiteMI & Ontario Canada Forum > Southeast Michigan
omnismurfz
Hey fellow kiters, I'm new on the forums here, but ive been on powerkiteforum for a bit. I started kiting this past summer when I bought a scout II 4m, I have a good amount of hrs logged on it and I ended up buying some other kites. I got a 19m venom and a 15m phantom. I then bought lines and a harness and a bar none of which is hooked up or connected and im very lost on setting it all up... I was wondering if anyone in the area would mind meeting up and helping me figure out the setup and giving me some tips or whatever you feel like. I live in macomb michigan btw!
sojopo
QUOTE(omnismurfz @ Sep 28 2011, 01:36 PM) *
Hey fellow kiters, I'm new on the forums here, but ive been on powerkiteforum for a bit. I started kiting this past summer when I bought a scout II 4m, I have a good amount of hrs logged on it and I ended up buying some other kites. I got a 19m venom and a 15m phantom. I then bought lines and a harness and a bar none of which is hooked up or connected and im very lost on setting it all up... I was wondering if anyone in the area would mind meeting up and helping me figure out the setup and giving me some tips or whatever you feel like. I live in macomb michigan btw!

Though the time on the 4m is well spent, there are so many other items you need to know before running a large kite. I'd strongly recommend a lesson. THere are several great shops in the area, check the ads over there..------------------------------>>>>>>>
sojopo
QUOTE(sojopo @ Sep 28 2011, 07:18 PM) *
Though the time on the 4m is well spent, there are so many other items you need to know before running a large kite. I'd strongly recommend a lesson. THere are several great shops in the area, check the ads over there..------------------------------>>>>>>>

OK, maybe not over there, but on this forum. Cheers.
Cruz
That's some good advice. It's tempting to teach oneself, or to be casually introduced with a few informal sessions. In the long run it does not pay-off. I could've been having a much better time in the beginning if I had proper instruction. The learning curve is steep, meaning there is a lot to learn in a short period of time. Not getting instruction flattens the learning curve, spreading out the same amount of learning over a longer span of time. In my case I basically lost an entire season. Of course, this is to say nothing about the increased risk of injury and so on. You will hear this over and over....take a lesson, you won't regret it. Give Detroit KB a call or visit the website. There is also Motor City KB, Great Lakes KB, all quality outfits....check it out. Good luck. See you out there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.