Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2012 Rebel
Kite U.S. Forums > Industry Resources & Information > Industry > North Kiteboarding
KyleK
North just dropped the info on the 2012 Rebel, check the vid

http://northkites.com/public/content/pics_.../index_eng.html

If you've ridden the Rebels you know that they handle very directly and responsively, no sloppy steering. This has something to do with the direct connections, no bridles or pulleys here. You can put them anywhere you want in the wind window instantly, and they still steer perfectly when depowered = never overpowered.

This year they've added a 13m to the lineup, I've got one coming mid September.
biohorn
QUOTE(KyleK @ Aug 5 2011, 10:22 AM) *
North just dropped the info on the 2012 Rebel, check the vid

http://northkites.com/public/content/pics_.../index_eng.html

If you've ridden the Rebels you know that they handle very directly and responsively, no sloppy steering. This has something to do with the direct connections, no bridles or pulleys here. You can put them anywhere you want in the wind window instantly, and they still steer perfectly when depowered = never overpowered.

This year they've added a 13m to the lineup, I've got one coming mid September.

My go to kite. So that is a-
Second...
140 pounds and ride my 14M in all sorts of conditions. Two years and has not let me down.
Bruce
Hi Kyle,

The kiters I've talked to really like their 2011 Rebels. From the video, it looks like North tweaked the 2011 design to make the 2012. Is that your feeling?

Can I order a 2012 from you now?
KyleK
Yeah Bruce, no major changes just some tweaks. Thankfully these guys come up with a good product and continue to refine it and not totally reinvent each year. Sounds like for 2012 they moved the struts a bit to clean up the bar feel even more as well as added the bar pressure adjustment knot on back lines.

As Ive mentioned before, the '08 10m Rebel that you have was my favorite kite for jumping, biggest jumps Ive ever had! But the newer ones seem to be even more powerful and crisper while being much better for unhooking.

2012 Rebels should arrive mid September in time for fall winds and yes I am taking orders now.
jitters
lake michigan going off today and tommorow. 5-8 foot up to 30knts
sojopo
Lake MI? Cool. If anyone is headed out tomorrow, PM me, looking for a crew to head out with, willing to travel, etc.
biohorn
I love my 2009 Rebel 14 M and 10 M. \People whine about no center strut. Actually that is a nice weight saving design, but you just have to be sure to pump them up hard.
Yeah. Tomorrow looks like it is going to rock. Today was pretty good (10M at Mentor.)
biohorn
QUOTE(biohorn @ Aug 9 2011, 08:45 PM) *
I love my 2009 Rebel 14 M and 10 M. \People whine about no center strut. Actually that is a nice weight saving design, but you just have to be sure to pump them up hard.
Yeah. Tomorrow looks like it is going to rock. Today was pretty good (10M at Mentor.)

It butterflied again yesterday. This has been covered to death on the internet...If you are riding in 25+ kts and plan on looping, pump it HARD (so it pings like metal.) I still love the kite.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.