Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Binding Placement for Beginners
Kite U.S. Forums > KiteMI & Ontario Canada Forum > Open Dialog
Jordan26
I just bought my first kiteboard (Liquid Force 140) and in placing the bindings on the "zero" setting (as instructed by teacher at the shop I bought it from) both of my feet face inward slightly. I thought I learned with my feet facing slightly outward but now unsure. Any suggestions on recommended binding placements (I am regular). Thanks
jitters
me too....i ate raisin bran today.....epic st joe session today 80 degrees 14m conditions
FellowCountryMan
QUOTE(jitters @ May 23 2011, 10:54 PM) *
me too....i ate raisin bran today.....epic st joe session today 80 degrees 14m conditions

Yo... Stretch next time your walking through a doorway be sure to duck as it seems you've clunked your melon fairly hard!! What's with all the jibberish? or shall I say jitterish?

To the original poster: Put your footpads slightly duck.
Cruz
Hello forum, I used to kitesurf myself but it has been a long time. I still have equipment but I'm really not sure if I'll remember how. Can anyone recommend a good location to get back into the sport? Do you recommend I take a refresher course or should I just wing it?

Cruz
My two cents on board stance:

for flat water with a twin-tip board you should be centered with slight "duck stance" like Tom the California Liberal stated. Which means front foot angled forward and back foot angled towards the back...likely 10'-20'. The degree of stance angle should be appropriate to place the least amount of strain on the knees and ankles while riding. In other words, it should feel right. Wider stance gives more stability with lower center of gravity. More pop can be obtained from a narrower stance but landings are more technically difficult and transitions are sharper. Simply put, too wide a stance can take away from your maneuverability while too narrow can detract from your balance.

jitters
you know your a great doctor when.....
a, expaining foot straps turns into a thesis
b, the word strain comes naturally
c, you find yourself completley confident in thinking "detract" is a normal word!!

ps. my wifes arm is doing better because of your wisdom...and thats the truth smile.gif
Cruz
I am so very glad to receive that discourse relating to your significant other's injured extremity my dear friend Jacob. It relieves me to no end to learn that I have not led you astray in either diagnosis or management of the aforementioned limb and that her recuperation has been forthwith. It is without reservation that I invite you to call upon me again should the need arise. laugh.gif

So like, what I'm saying is, you're welcome fam, anytime.
edt
slightly outwards a bit more than shoulder width apart

like so

Victor
[quote name='edt' date='May 24 2011, 02:16 PM' post='52552']
slightly outwards a bit more than shoulder width apart

like so

Think I have seen that picture of Eric before, perhaps in Kiteboard Mag.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.