Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blue Lagoon
Kite U.S. Forums > KiteMI & Ontario Canada Forum > Where are you riding on the Great Lakes?
wolfie
If someone gets there before me can you post a sessionalert?
www.sessionalert.com

I'll be posting one when I arrive.

Thanks!
Julien
I'll be on my way at 3.30....
wolfie
QUOTE(Julien @ Apr 12 2011, 02:21 PM) *
I'll be on my way at 3.30....

change of plans, I'm headed to sterling state park
edt
wolfie report how it was.

i havne't liked ssp with north in it there, the wind travels over land from that direction. blue lagoon is nice on a north because even if it goes a bit west the wind hits selfridge air base which is flat.
wolfie
QUOTE(edt @ Apr 12 2011, 05:32 PM) *
wolfie report how it was.

i havne't liked ssp with north in it there, the wind travels over land from that direction. blue lagoon is nice on a north because even if it goes a bit west the wind hits selfridge air base which is flat.

It was too light, I didn't even rig. Go check out www.sessionalert.com. I created a SessionAlert when I got to the beach to report the conditions. We've got about 70 users now with alerts coming in all the time to report the conditions. You can get text alerts or email alerts - it's free and you don't need a smart phone (there are some cool features you can use with a smartphone though).
edt
QUOTE(wolfie @ Apr 12 2011, 08:26 PM) *
It was too light, I didn't even rig. Go check out www.sessionalert.com. I created a SessionAlert when I got to the beach to report the conditions. We've got about 70 users now with alerts coming in all the time to report the conditions. You can get text alerts or email alerts - it's free and you don't need a smart phone (there are some cool features you can use with a smartphone though).

tks. i read your session alert on my cell "not cooperating" but never read the second line where it said the wind was too light
edt
x
Jontan
Wolfie, I don't want to hear that it's to light from you any more tongue.gif Do what Amir, Tom Egan and I have done and get yourself an insurance policy called the Silverarrow!
wolfie
QUOTE(edt @ Apr 12 2011, 08:29 PM) *
tks. i read your session alert on my cell "not cooperating" but never read the second line where it said the wind was too light

Oh, cool! Sorry, I don't know who's signed up and who isn't. The text includes a link you can click on to get more details, but you need an interenet enabled phone for that part....
wolfie
QUOTE(Jontan @ Apr 12 2011, 08:45 PM) *
Wolfie, I don't want to hear that it's to light from you any more tongue.gif Do what Amir, Tom Egan and I have done and get yourself an insurance policy called the Silverarrow!

haha! I've thought about it...
Julien
Wind started weak, but ended up being ok with 15... Water was really flat... I keep on dreaming about getting a large kite. They are expensive, but I keep on borrowing my friend's 15... I'll have to try yours Jontan one of these days...

samf
QUOTE(Jontan @ Apr 12 2011, 07:45 PM) *

Throw in a Spleen Door and even fatties like myself are riding in 9-10mph.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.