Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: those special firsts
Kite U.S. Forums > KiteMI & Ontario Canada Forum > Where are you riding on the Great Lakes?
edt
already had these special firsts of the year, I had my . . .

first kite malfunction

first swim back to land with a deflated kite

first crop of seaweed harvested

and

first time this year I've spent an hour sitting on land untangling lines

Oh seaweed I've missed you (it was a very small crop).
wolfie
Did this happen at brest bay yesterday? Hole in the kite or did a valve pop open? Were you out far or in the shallows? Glad you're okay.
edt
QUOTE(wolfie @ Mar 18 2011, 09:35 PM) *
Did this happen at brest bay yesterday? Hole in the kite or did a valve pop open? Were you out far or in the shallows? Glad you're okay.

absolutely nothing dangerous, just a popped valve, and a very short swim which didnt feel cold, cause i got all my winter gear on still, 6/3 steamer, helmet, titanium lined gloves, etc

honestly it made me happy to see that seaweed it's been so long since I've been in the water. I'm sure I'll go right back to hating it soon enough.
sojopo
QUOTE(edt @ Mar 18 2011, 09:01 PM) *
honestly it made me happy to see that seaweed it's been so long since I've been in the water. I'm sure I'll go right back to hating it soon enough.

I wonder if there aren't some recipes that use that stuff. Sushi or something, that would make it delicious, and we'd all be happy to harvest it.
downriver dan
I had a bad feeling as I was leaving ...somthing was telling me not to leave a rider in cold water ... I stay close to shore when possable in the cold... BB iz shallow and a good spot sw ...
edt

im not afraid of the water, im afraid of those speed bumps hidden inside the bay

how is brest on an east, I think i'll hit metro or brest tomorrow
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.