Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Epic riding days
Kite U.S. Forums > KiteMI & Ontario Canada Forum > Where are you riding on the Great Lakes?
Victor
How many of you have missed a great riding day because you guessed wrong or took a long ride only to turn around without getting in the water.

Glad we now have a site on our cell phones to check the actual conditions posted from fellow kiters at each site before taking a long drive only to get shunked. Conversely and more imporantly we will never miss those epoic days now that we can quickly check actual riding conditions. Lets hope every joins Session Alert and uses it all the time so we can all benefit.

I will miss Tom's and his wind reports but Seassion Alert will take some of the pain out.

www.sessionalert.com

SessionAlert[/QUOTE]

Thanks Wolfie
wolfie
Hi Guys,

I'll be posting the first real SessionAlert from Metro today around 2 or 3.

From a PC or a MAC you'll see it show up right on the homepage: www.SessionAlert.com. If you've signed up for text or email alerts, you'll be instantly notified. If you're on a phone with internet access you can see it on the web app: www.sessionalert.com/webapp.

Whew hew, can't wait! I hope it blows! By the way, does anyone know if the ice is clear from metro?
wolfie
Brother Jontan just officially posted the first SessionAlert!! From where? What are the conditions? Go to www.sessionalert.com to see!!

if you're using an iphone or android phone just go the webapp - it's simpler - www.sessionalert.com/webapp.

We all owe that man a beer!
edt
QUOTE(wolfie @ Mar 17 2011, 10:43 AM) *
Brother Jontan just officially posted the first SessionAlert!! From where? What are the conditions? Go to www.sessionalert.com to see!!

if you're using an iphone or android phone just go the webapp - it's simpler - www.sessionalert.com/webapp.

We all owe that man a beer!

is the launch too icy to ride i want details!!! all i read is

"icy"

Too icy???? If brest bay is open I might go there, lake erie should thaw quicker than lake st clair.
wolfie
QUOTE(edt @ Mar 17 2011, 02:35 PM) *
is the launch too icy to ride i want details!!! all i read is

"icy"

Too icy???? If brest bay is open I might go there, lake erie should thaw quicker than lake st clair.

He said "The wind is good! Icy. Soon brothers, soon."

So I'm pretty sure he's saying there's too much ice still. I'm still buying him a beer...

I might hit brest bay myself. If you go can you post an alert? Are you rockin' and Android or iPhone?
edt
QUOTE(wolfie @ Mar 17 2011, 01:40 PM) *
He said "The wind is good! Icy. Soon brothers, soon."

So I'm pretty sure he's saying there's too much ice still. I'm still buying him a beer...

I might hit brest bay myself. If you go can you post an alert? Are you rockin' and Android or iPhone?

android, I am almost certain brest is still closed down, cause boats cant launch yet, and I hate sterling state park, it's an awful launch, wind is always super gusty
wolfie
QUOTE(edt @ Mar 17 2011, 03:02 PM) *
android, I am almost certain brest is still closed down, cause boats cant launch yet, and I hate sterling state park, it's an awful launch, wind is always super gusty

It looks like brest bay is open:
http://www.brestbaymarina.com/Lake_cam.htm
wolfie

A SessionAlert just came in from Brar on behalf of Jitters! It's a go!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.