Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: personal record top speed
Kite U.S. Forums > KiteMI & Ontario Canada Forum > Open Dialog
Jontan
Metro today. I tracked my personal best top speed with my 10meter flysurfer Pulse, at 39.77 mph. Hard pack snow wind from the WNW gusts to 25kts.

Figured i'd share this.
Jontan
I love my life.
edt
QUOTE(Jontan @ Feb 12 2011, 12:13 PM) *
Metro today. I tracked my personal best top speed with my 10meter flysurfer Pulse, at 39.77 mph. Hard pack snow wind from the WNW gusts to 25kts.

Figured i'd share this.

jontan did you set this speed record before I got there? I was on the 10m yellow liquid force.

--- Eric
Jontan
From what it looks like on the mph chart, yes. I hit, near 40mph twice just before you joined. I had a few quick runs after as well, but not as fast.

I would like to add, that I reached over 35 mph 9 times, in that session, 19miles in 2 hrs and Zeppelin was out there with us, too.
Cruz
Hey Jontan, that's pretty cool man. I wonder how fast a different kite in the same conditions would have propelled you, the pulse being more of an all-arounder. Do you keep your board waxed up? What kind of board? Were you shooting downwind when you reached those speeds? Last question....39.77? 40 would've been impressive laugh.gif tongue.gif .

Marty B
How did you measure your speed? I've often wondered how fast(slow) I'm going sometimes.
Jontan
Not sure about a different kite. That pulse is fast. My board is never waxed. It's an old Burton Nuu. Shot down wind as has t as I could. I know, right? 39.77... that is as good as 40. I will pass 40 mph, its going to happen.

QUOTE(Cruz @ Feb 13 2011, 12:01 PM) *
Hey Jontan, that's pretty cool man. I wonder how fast a different kite in the same conditions would have propelled you, the pulse being more of an all-arounder. Do you keep your board waxed up? What kind of board? Were you shooting downwind when you reached those speeds? Last question....39.77? 40 would've been impressive laugh.gif tongue.gif .

Jontan
I use a application on my phone(HTC Evo)called Sports Tracker. I turn it on, throw it in my backpack and go...

QUOTE(Marty B @ Feb 13 2011, 03:04 PM) *
How did you measure your speed? I've often wondered how fast(slow) I'm going sometimes.

SaulOhio
You should post your speed to www.stormboarding.com

My top speed so far this season is 43.8 mph. I'm waiting for some good ice conditions to get some real speed. wink.gif
Cruz
Jontan, I was just messin' with you man. 39.77 IS impressive! Not sure I've ever gotten moving that fast.
wolfie
QUOTE(Cruz @ Feb 14 2011, 11:37 AM) *
Jontan, I was just messin' with you man. 39.77 IS impressive! Not sure I've ever gotten moving that fast.

I went 47 mph yesterday snowboarding Steamboat. My brother went 61!
wolfie
There are a lot of free apps for Android to measure your speed. I was using something I wrote, but I've used GPS Speed before, and it works well.
wolfie
There are a lot of free apps for Android to measure your speed. I was using something I wrote, but I've used GPS Speed before, and it works well.
wolfie
If anyone needs me to post that again just let me know.
biohorn
What?

Jontan, You should write more about the experience. How did it feel? (fast?)
jitters
fffeeeeeellllliiinggsss.....nothing more then...ffffeeeeeellllllliiingnggss
i feel that i would like to be wolfie right now. can i have your autograph since your such a jetsetter. r u flying to maui when you get tired of the mountains??????????????????
wolfie
QUOTE(jitters @ Feb 15 2011, 09:24 AM) *
fffeeeeeellllliiinggsss.....nothing more then...ffffeeeeeellllllliiingnggss
i feel that i would like to be wolfie right now. can i have your autograph since your such a jetsetter. r u flying to maui when you get tired of the mountains??????????????????

Haha smile.gif I wish bro!
Cruz
Interesting fact: October 2010, Rob Douglas became the outright record holder for speed on water powered by the wind with 55.65 knots. (wikipedia)

That is equal to 64 mph or 103 Km/h. Your brother, though not wind-powered, was moving almost as fast as a kiter has ever gone at 61 mph.

Speed demons.
Jontan
It felt great. I just remember each time I slangshot myself forward, wanting to go faster. The need for speed snowkiting has been born.

It's amazing we can dö this with such little gear.

I know I can go faster... and I will.

QUOTE(biohorn @ Feb 14 2011, 08:35 PM) *
What?

Jontan, You should write more about the experience. How did it feel? (fast?)
SaulOhio
QUOTE(Cruz @ Feb 15 2011, 12:22 PM) *
Interesting fact: October 2010, Rob Douglas became the outright record holder for speed on water powered by the wind with 55.65 knots. (wikipedia)

That is equal to 64 mph or 103 Km/h. Your brother, though not wind-powered, was moving almost as fast as a kiter has ever gone at 61 mph.

Speed demons.

Actually, if you go to www.stormboarding.com, you will find that in 2010, Chris Krug went 73.5 mpg on ice, measured by GPS.

I'm hoping to break the 60 mark myself if I can get good ice and wind conditions.
biohorn
73+. That sounds fast! If you fall, do you just slide? Never been on ice or snow and cannot imagine it.
SaulOhio
QUOTE(biohorn @ Feb 15 2011, 10:43 PM) *
73+. That sounds fast! If you fall, do you just slide? Never been on ice or snow and cannot imagine it.

I wiped out hard after my fastest ever run of 54.6 mph. I hit a snow drift and my skis came off. Yes, you just slide.
wolfie
I wear elbow pads, knee pads, and a helmet, so when I fall I just slide and usually don't get hurt at all...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.