Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: blizzard feb 1st, 2nd, where are you riding?
Kite U.S. Forums > KiteMI & Ontario Canada Forum > Where are you riding on the Great Lakes?
edt
snow & wind look strong, where is everyone riding in the blizzard tuesday & wednesday? i will only be able to catch an hour or two in the morning those days.
Cruz
Blue lagoon anyone? Looking NE if I'm not mistaken. I'll be headed somewhere late morning Wed. AC
EJR
Not sure about a Weds session...but definitly a Thurs session...sunny, SW winds (12knts), a ton of new snow, Metro's the place!

ER
FellowCountryMan
QUOTE(Cruz @ Feb 1 2011, 10:59 AM) *
Blue lagoon anyone? Looking NE if I'm not mistaken. I'll be headed somewhere late morning Wed. AC

I tried to snowkite BL a couple of years ago and it was all locked up for the winter. There was a key pad for a code but I did not have it. I'm going to try the boat launch by Selfridge where I keep my boat or The Nature Trail.
edt
QUOTE(Cruz @ Feb 1 2011, 08:59 AM) *

shouldn't metro still be ok on a NE since all the trees have lost their leaves and there's not nearly as much of a wind shadow?

let us know if blue lagoon is locked up
Julien
QUOTE(Cruz @ Feb 1 2011, 08:59 AM) *

I went to BL late November. It was locked up, but there was enough room to squeeze in. I called the number on the fence and one of the owners gave me clearance. I'm sure we could just walk the ice from the marina next door...
I'll try to kite Wednesday PM. Keep us posted on where you guys are going, so we can try to get together smile.gif
:-)
Looks like its a N-NW wind so I'm going to try to hit up the lagoon and if its real good maybe pull out a rail.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.