Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aruba info needed
Kite U.S. Forums > KiteMI & Ontario Canada Forum > Open Dialog
Marty B
My quest to find the best kiteboarding spots continues. Brazil was fantastic, but difficult to get to. Having wind every day was awesome. I heard that, in terms of wind, Aruba is almost as good. It certainly would be easier to get there. If anyone has any useful information please chime in.
mpleatman
QUOTE(Marty B @ Dec 10 2010, 05:20 PM) *
My quest to find the best kiteboarding spots continues. Brazil was fantastic, but difficult to get to. Having wind every day was awesome. I heard that, in terms of wind, Aruba is almost as good. It certainly would be easier to get there. If anyone has any useful information please chime in.

Check out the "Aruba- One happy Island" Post from earlier this year. All the information you need is there.

Mark
KyleK
Aruba = offshore on the populated resort side of the island but windy all the time. hire a guy in a boat for $25 to keep an eye on you/pick you up if you get downwinded too close to Venezuela. amazing carribean colored water.

rent a car and drive an hour and a half around to Boca Grande for steadier onshore wind and waves.

good stuff.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.