Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mea culpa...
Kite U.S. Forums > KiteMI & Ontario Canada Forum > Open Dialog
Julien
Friday PM, light wind, super comfortable... Getting out of the water, some crap on my board, so I pick it up, dick around washing it, and next thing you know, my kite ends up in a tree.

My mistake: being over-confident... I ended up having to get a new set of lines, but it could have been so much worst........... I could have caught somebody else's kite... I could have looped the kite and taken off in the parking lot...

I've been kiting for 20 months... I pride myself in being super safe and humble... Yet, here it is... My first major fuck up... fuck!!!

Sorry... My mistake...
Wayno
It could have been worse. I'm glad that you got your kite back. Surprised that you didn't fish it out of the tree on Saturday. I was worried that someone was going to mess with it.

edt
QUOTE(Julien @ Nov 22 2010, 10:16 AM) *
Friday PM, light wind, super comfortable... Getting out of the water, some crap on my board, so I pick it up, dick around washing it, and next thing you know, my kite ends up in a tree.

My mistake: being over-confident... I ended up having to get a new set of lines, but it could have been so much worst........... I could have caught somebody else's kite... I could have looped the kite and taken off in the parking lot...

i wondered how you stuck it in a tree, you don't seem like the type that puts it in the tree. I guess if you kite long enough everyone sticks it in a tree. I believe that officially makes you a metro kiter, you get that final check mark!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.