Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DKB Brazil Trip Report
Kite U.S. Forums > KiteMI & Ontario Canada Forum > Open Dialog
Marty B
Just returned from the third annual DKB Brazil Trip. Awesome. Took over 24 hours of traveling to get to Ihla do Guajiru in northeast Brazil. Check out www.theflatwatersea.com. Kyle said the wind would blow everyday all day and that I probably wouldn't need my 12M - he was right. I estimate I had 20+ hours on the water and kited everyday. The were 4 downwinders of which I did 3. There were 2 local downwinders and one to Jeri. On day five we moved to Taiba which was a whole different flavor from Ihla. From there we did a downwinder to Paracuru. Tried out alot of gear. I can now ride in the ocean and can even boost off of waves. It was a great cultural experience as well. It was the experience of a lifetime, but I plan to go again multiple times. Stoked.
Cruz
Hell jeah Marty! Not to mention the evening festivities.

Anyone have an old "Loopin Louie" game by Milton Bradley? Sell it to me please. It makes one hell of a drinking game. DKB triumphed over the Germans after 2.5 fifths of Cuchaca!

Tim Man pioneered a new trick too....the Tom Selleck....basically an S-bend with a fat Movember moustache.

KyleK
glad you enjoyed it as much as I did Marty.

classic adventure. I too am in the market for Louping Louie if anyone has a stash. (not a stache).

Shrimp to the Sauce!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI9UEHiTF6I
:-)
Sweet video!!!!! I'm so jealous!!!! Looks like a great spot!
Julien
Nice! I hope I'll be able to join next year!
jitters
hey cruz, lance armstrong called he said he wants his "riding" clothes back!
X.men
The 2010 DKB Brazil edition was sweet & fun.
I will pass on some pictures of the 2 nd week. Julie, Renata & I found some new sweet place to ride.
DKB & Renata will have to work on these new spots for the 2011 Edition. Let's see what surprise we will have.

I know she is my wife, but Thank you to Renata for her hard work to organize the Trip with DKB.
I know he's a good friend but Thank you to Kyle for his support and rescue work during the downwind. Even if I had to look for him in the mangrove at night. smile.gif ( German Joke style for kyle)
Thanks to Dct Cruz for stiching and fixing up some of of the nasty cuts we end up having.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.