Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Monday Tuesday forcast
Kite U.S. Forums > KiteMI & Ontario Canada Forum > Where are you riding on the Great Lakes?
Victor
Both days look great for riding. Tuesday looks like another 7 meter day. Sunday might be a day of rest.
MikeB
Aww.. You guy's must be really beat up from all the wind. Actually if you follow the Bible, the 7th day or last day of the week is the day of rest. Sunday seams to be a man made catholic church creation. To each their own.

When it's blowing 30knts or over I just like to watch the trees and see pictures of everyone else that rode. lol. My heart goes out to all those that are no longer with us. Hope everyone watches out for the new and old kiters and that we remember to be safe when it's really blowing like it has. I've seen an 8yr experienced, safe kiter! Take his last breath from a kiteing accident. Don't mean to be a downer. Just a reminder how important it is to STOP someone from doing something dangerous and help them do it safe, if you get the chance. You will feel guilty and some what responsible even if there was nothing you could do to change it. My guilty thought is " I should of stayed in and made sure everyone got out safe! ".

Good to hear everyone is just sore from all the fun.

Monday does look like the ticket for some stronger wind. Be there tomorrow!
Victor
Well said Mike for it is easy to forget how things can go wrong quickly on those days we get so seldom. I did a few face plants Saturday,lucky for me it was in deeper water, but I still have water coming out of all my orfices.
MikeB
You got some good pictures. Look's like I missed another great session over at Harsens. Forecast does look real nice for tomorrow/Monday. Are you gonna go out to Metro?
Victor
Am kiting and taking pictures for sure. Might pull out the GoPro also.
Brar
QUOTE(MikeB @ Sep 5 2010, 04:28 PM) *
When it's blowing 30knts or over I just like to watch the trees and see pictures of everyone else that rode. lol. My heart goes out to all those that are no longer with us. Hope everyone watches out for the new and old kiters and that we remember to be safe when it's really blowing like it has. I've seen an 8yr experienced, safe kiter! Take his last breath from a kiteing accident. Don't mean to be a downer. Just a reminder how important it is to STOP someone from doing something dangerous and help them do it safe, if you get the chance. You will feel guilty and some what responsible even if there was nothing you could do to change it. My guilty thought is " I should of stayed in and made sure everyone got out safe! ".

Monday does look like the ticket for some stronger wind. Be there tomorrow!

Well said English. Unfortunately on the day you were talking about ( Friday ) I found two things
1. my 9 mt. too has an upper limit of 33 knots. And more importantly
2. EDGAR AND WOLFIE are very bad company. These guys are hard core !! got
suckered into it totally because of them. As i reached south haven around 3 pm.
not only did they not pump up my kite. But actually launched me just to
youtube me into Posthumous fame. I did check with Jontan later in the night
and found everybody had their adrenaline kick for the weekend that day.

As for Monday it didn't deliver in Muskegon. Rained in the AM and fizzled out in the
PM.
MikeyB
QUOTE(Brar @ Sep 6 2010, 06:21 PM) *
Well said English. Unfortunately on the day you were talking about ( Friday ) I found two things
1. my 9 mt. too has an upper limit of 33 knots. And more importantly
2. EDGAR AND WOLFIE are very bad company. These guys are hard core !! got
suckered into it totally because of them. As i reached south haven around 3 pm.
not only did they not pump up my kite. But actually launched me just to
youtube me into Posthumous fame. I did check with Jontan later in the night
and found everybody had their adrenaline kick for the weekend that day.

As for Monday it didn't deliver in Muskegon. Rained in the AM and fizzled out in the
PM.

Hi Brar,

Turns out there are two on us of the forum with similar names - MikeB (aka foil Mike) and MikeyB (aka English Michael). But I don't mind being confused for the other one... My weekend recap:
Friday: Drove to Muskegon, tried 9m in the waves and found out I'm not very good in the waves so I retreated to the relative safety of the harbour (note ENGLISH spelling here). Also found out that barefoot is better than boots. Harbour was fun until the wind picked up so much that unless you have a 7m or smaller, it was too windy. So went back to Ann Arbor in time to windsurf for a couple of hours.
Saturday: Windsurfed at the sailing club - 7.5m - Found out that windsurfing is much more of a workout than kiting. My shoulders are sore.
Sunday: I took a family sailing. Literally - parents plus 7, 5 and 2x 2.5 year old twins. Full boat but they enjoyed it to varying degrees!
Monday: Metro Beach: Up and down until 3:00 when it stopped.
Tuesday/Wednesday: Please sir, can I have some more? More, you want more?
EJR
Mike,
Sounds like a great weekend. I ended the day on Fri. at Erik's cabin and just got blasted with 25-30knt+ SW winds...I'm still sore from diving my kite straight into the power zone while boosting....holy crap, what a belly smacker! Sunday at Metro was good in the afternoon but the evening turned NW. Looking forward to Tues at Metro....

Ernie
Bayonet
Hoping for a sunrise session.

Heading to Metro for a couple hours.

Todd
Seb from France
Hi guys,

Do you think Metro will be good for a SW wind?

Sebastien
edt
QUOTE(Seb from France @ Sep 7 2010, 09:42 AM) *
Hi guys,

Do you think Metro will be good for a SW wind?

Sebastien

A pure South West should have plenty of south for the wind to be pretty smooth, then the wind gets on the lake at around 11 or 12 mile near st clair shores and travels 6 or so miles before it hits metro so it has enough time to calm down.

I gotta work
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.