Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Labor Day weekend kiting
Kite U.S. Forums > KiteMI & Ontario Canada Forum > Where are you riding on the Great Lakes?
MikeyB
I have Friday off this week. Am debating heading over to Muskegon for Friday and Saturday since the wind looks good that way. I'm thinking about camping in Manistee National Forest - much like camping in the woods up by Tawas - has anyone tried camping out near Muskegon?

Having said all that the weather is looking not bad this side of the state - a bit too much West maybe. Harsens would be okay on Friday I'm assuming but on Saturday not very easy to park out that way.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Michael
bussle
I'll be in Muskegon Friday - Monday. If the forcast stays, it will give me my first session after an almost 18 month break...

Hope to some of the St Clair folks,
Alex
Jontan
I will be over on that side Friday. I'm thinking Ludington area...

call or text 586 634 0230
Brar
Guys, I need to spend Friday nite either camping
or rooming on the west coast. To ride early morning
on Saturday before heading back at 10 am.
Will hook up with you Jontan and English
mike. If you guys are close to south haven.

mnpaslay
I'm thinking east side, supposed to blow all weekend...

http://www.windfinder.com/forecast/kailua
MikeyB
QUOTE(Brar @ Sep 1 2010, 10:07 PM) *
Guys, I need to spend Friday nite either camping
or rooming on the west coast. To ride early morning
on Saturday before heading back at 10 am.
Will hook up with you Jontan and English
mike. If you guys are close to south haven.

Hi, I might try the Hoffmaster State Park in Muskegon Friday night. It's pretty booked up but there are some open spots for the Friday night.

PM me for telephone #

Michael
concretesurfer
QUOTE(MikeyB @ Sep 2 2010, 10:41 AM) *
Hi, I might try the Hoffmaster State Park in Muskegon Friday night. It's pretty booked up but there are some open spots for the Friday night.

PM me for telephone #

Michael

MikeyB, you're English Michael! laugh.gif OK! Hoffmaster is great..only a few tent sites, but this state park actually has trees (unlike the rest in MI.). Cheers!
Thomas61
Leaving wind to get wind?

Faggggs!

Love u all. tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.