Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Elevate your Game
Kite U.S. Forums > KiteMI & Ontario Canada Forum > Open Dialog
KyleK
For the riders that have the basics dialed and are ready to tune their riding:

http://detroitkiteboarding.com/index.php/E...nstruction.html

Many can attest to the rapid skill development on a supported downwinder, gimme a call for more info or to schedule your session.
jitters
for 149.00 if i was just getting into the game thats basically like free. if i could count the hours of trodging the walk of shame up random kite spots on lake michigan it would be EXTREMLEY high. my advice to anyone new to the sport, ESPECIALLY coming into the fall with the best winds, book the next trip out. sooner then later because after one or maybe two downwinders you will be staying up wind at metro or lagoon or wherever with ease. not to mention getting epic glass riding!
Cruz
Ditto
dakaunman
QUOTE(jitters @ Sep 1 2010, 08:30 AM) *
for 149.00 if i was just getting into the game thats basically like free. if i could count the hours of trodging the walk of shame up random kite spots on lake michigan it would be EXTREMLEY high. my advice to anyone new to the sport, ESPECIALLY coming into the fall with the best winds, book the next trip out. sooner then later because after one or maybe two downwinders you will be staying up wind at metro or lagoon or wherever with ease. not to mention getting epic glass riding!

You make it sound like you have got the "staying up wind" part down. Congrats Jitters!! Now it is time to come out of your cave and play. I have a trophy to defend!
KyleK
We had some good wind last week and Hansymon came up from Cleveland to tune up some of his riding. heres some footage of his downwinder along with some other local kiters:

http://vimeo.com/14893681

caught alot of good stuff but what you wont see are the raleys, unhooked backrolls, and kiteloop combos that Hans has in his bag of tricks now.
Cruz
Hell yes!
biohorn
Wow! Another unforgettable September trip to LSC with the Detroit gang! From an economic point, like Cleveland, Detroit has it as good as it does bad.

I cannot say enough good things about Kyle's positive attitude and help. Thanks to him and your butter flat freestylelicious spots they helped me advance what would have taken weeks in a couple of days. Did I mention that each time I go Kyle always has equipment tips that will help me go where and how I want to go. Anyone that puts off having the right gear is smokin something. It was great to be in a safe location to learn to loop the kite. Cleveland breakwalls just are not right for that kind of thing.

Now that Kyle has the reconnaissance craft, you can ride with ease and know that if you drop your 9M two times in 35 kts (thanks Kyle and Bill) trying to boat launch it will not go to Canada.

Thanks Wild Bill and Fred again for havin me along. After a couple of days of nukin winds, Kyle went to his man cave to edit his new video (re-posted:.)

http://vimeo.com/14893681

From a rich vibrant music scene (*Amp Fiddler rocked!), to great food, to great company, and excellent vibe and help. Really positive! Shout out to Julien. Thanks guys.

From an economic point, like Cleveland, Detroit has it as good as it does bad. But really, you guys have it sweet there. A number of stellar riding spots.

I uploaded some more pics here:
Lake St. Clair Sept. pics

Hans

(*Anyone who has not heard of Amp Fiddler has got to check it out:)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.