Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Atlantis lives......
Kite U.S. Forums > KiteMI & Ontario Canada Forum > Where are you riding on the Great Lakes?
sid
After a 10 day vacation in Tawas, I had the family all packed up and ready to go home this morning. We decided to hit the beach one last time before hitting the road. Once we got down to he water, I noticed it was "Going Off". I quickly went to the van and grabbed my gear (luckily I packed it where it was easily accesible). I thought it would be a great day to ride the mystical Atlantis, so I headed out. As I arrived I saw the "Sea Monster" beached on the shores of Atlantis. I pumped up and had a greatest soul sessions today. I got to play in some small waves, ride the flat lagoons and then a short downwinder to some ice cold brews on the beach. As I rode away, I noticed Atlantis had disappeared. What a way to end a vacation!!!

By the way, one of the local sea creatures came bringing a gift to me in hopes of finding the owner. I have a bar and lines that were found on the beach north of Atlantis last fall (2009). PM me if you can identify it.

Steve
Saftey Rick
QUOTE(sid @ Aug 16 2010, 12:48 AM) *
After a 10 day vacation in Tawas, I had the family all packed up and ready to go home this morning. We decided to hit the beach one last time before hitting the road. Once we got down to he water, I noticed it was "Going Off". I quickly went to the van and grabbed my gear (luckily I packed it where it was easily accesible). I thought it would be a great day to ride the mystical Atlantis, so I headed out. As I arrived I saw the "Sea Monster" beached on the shores of Atlantis. I pumped up and had a greatest soul sessions today. I got to play in some small waves, ride the flat lagoons and then a short downwinder to some ice cold brews on the beach. As I rode away, I noticed Atlantis had disappeared. What a way to end a vacation!!!

By the way, one of the local sea creatures came bringing a gift to me in hopes of finding the owner. I have a bar and lines that were found on the beach north of Atlantis last fall (2009). PM me if you can identify it.

Steve

Thats fucking sweet !! I give up hope that it would ever show up. Yellow caution bar with pro Lazar lines and two spinners? ( can it be anyone else that it belongs to just look at the top notch SAFTEY features) Its my favorite bar that i have ever put together. Lost my favorite twin tip the same day and it is still one of the best days on the water ever. Mid to late August last year. The water turned over the day before and produced some wet dream air time and way over head high waves.
The bar fell off the squirt boat after it got raped by a wave while looking for the board just north of the horn of the Lagoon Lake Huron Side.

You get free drinks, 1/2 off a Sandy Soggy Berger and a VIP pass to the sky deck at the Sea Monster Bar and Grill the next hassalhoff session at Atlantis. Its a great time wind or no wind. Its like Vegas the bar never closes and you can take your drinks out of the bar. Just watch the first step it could be a little wet.
sid
QUOTE(Saftey Rick @ Aug 16 2010, 10:03 PM) *
Yellow caution bar with pro Lazar lines and two spinners?

hahaha......ding ding ding ding. WINNER!!! I should have guessed it was yours Rick with all the engineering going on with it. It was found in September on the shore north of Atlantis, neatly secured as you left it.

Is there anybody heading up to Tawas anytime soon to reunite Rick and his favorite bar?
Saftey Rick
QUOTE(sid @ Aug 16 2010, 10:14 PM) *
hahaha......ding ding ding ding. WINNER!!! I should have guessed it was yours Rick with all the engineering going on with it. It was found in September on the shore north of Atlantis, neatly secured as you left it.

Is there anybody heading up to Tawas anytime soon to reunite Rick and his favorite bar?

Great Thanks. Broke two lines on my fifth favorite bar in the ripen wind today the same line length as that one 25m. (not pro Lazar line the bar you have has the last of a 3000 ft roll)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.