Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Still amazeing to see weather on great lakes.
Kite U.S. Forums > KiteMI & Ontario Canada Forum > Open Dialog
MikeB
Up North around Ossineke State Park, Down to Negwegon state park. Upper level clouds where traveling from the North West. Lower level clouds moveing from the West. Inland it was West but at the water it was blowing from the South East. White caps and good wind all day.

Here's another little spot I found. A mix of sandy bottom and Rocky bottom. Need to go finless here and be prepared to bring a beater board because of the shallow water and rocks. Very beautiful to ride. No fun for beginners because of the rocks though.

South side of the peninsula is where I'm talking about. http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=U...mp;t=h&z=17

Back in the bay outside Ossineke state park.
Cruz
Hell yes, great scouting report. I am always wondering what goes on up in the Roger's City/Alpena area. Some folks I know have property up there and say they have never seen anyone kiting over the years. Seems like a hidden gem in the Northern LP, and not only for kiting. At least relative to your Traverse City/Charlevoix/Mackinac/Cheboygan/Oscoda etc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.