Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Conneaut Kiters
Kite U.S. Forums > KiteOH Ohio Forum > Open Discussion
LeeF
I met a great group of nice kiters at Conneaut on Thurs. Aug 5th...only wish I could have kited longer. Everyone seemed helpful and stoked about kiting...Brian and Mark told me about the Sandbar...can anyone give me more info on that site? Thanks, Lee
BizB
Brian and Mark? Those guys are JERKS!

err... what I meant was.. ummm.... I've never kited there. I'm not cool enough to get an invite.
LeeF
QUOTE(BizB @ Aug 6 2010, 03:44 PM) *
Brian and Mark? Those guys are JERKS!
err... what I meant was.. ummm.... I've never kited there. I'm not cool enough to get an invite.

Well, here ya go, an open invite for W, NW, WNW and maybe even on a WSW day. So do ya know anything about the Sandbar?
BizB
Other than the fact that you need a boat to get there... no. I know nothing.
LeeF
QUOTE(BizB @ Aug 6 2010, 09:43 PM) *
Other than the fact that you need a boat to get there... no. I know nothing.

bizzy
They told me it was clean wind from any direction - somewhere in sandusky bay? I have a couple of kayaks....nevermind, but I could bring a couple of beers for anyone with a boat!

So about that Conneaut Harbor - you really gotta make the drive over - it's only a few miles further than god's country - but if you live in Erie, PA you prolly have a 30-40 min. drive west. BIG long break wall, tons of wide open sand beach, and shallow (knee-deep most of it) I once flew there on a WSW, but the more WEST the better, and NW is good...have never been there on a due N or NE day, but should be good for those as well. Like most spots, there is nobody around until it blows, and then you'll have 6-10 kiters show up...well, you will get an occasional four-wheeler buzzin' around the beach area, or a family takin' kids to wade out in the water, but overall, a very forgiving flatwater site with plenty of room - which offers the chance to fly beyond the breakwall for open water kiting.

tell me where you kite most often...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.