Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kite In Tree - Metro
Kite U.S. Forums > KiteMI & Ontario Canada Forum > Open Dialog
EJR
My kite was removed this morning with the help of the Metro Maintenance Team...very nice guys. I may have been the last straw for the Maintenance Manager who stated that the tree was gonna come down; too many kites in the big tree on the left this season. Let's hope he in fact brings it down.

Ernie
FellowCountryMan
Congratulations!! It sounds like you have taken one of the 3 steps that makes you an offical Metro kiter! I hope your kite came out ok but if you need repairs give Bill a call at North Sails in Harrison Twp he is the best.

I'm surprised to hear the parks position of finally willing to take the tree out. I've talked to the park super in the past and he was adiment about keeping the guardian tree in place. If we all call the maintence manager and suggest cutting it down it might just push him over the sdge and do it.
Victor
I wonder how many kiters have been saved from crashing into the parking lot by those trees. Am certain those trees have kept many neophites from going out for fear of ending up in the trees. When I started kiting I didnt go out one day because of a strong west wind and two trees guarding the enterence.

Now that I say "save the trees" am certain to end up in one of them.
EJR
Thanks FCM. I'm curious as to the other two steps... Thankfully the kite survived intact. I did however, have two lines damaged which will need to be replaced before going back out. The maintenance guys had a hell of time getting it out. One of the bridal lines was looped over a big branch and they had to chain saw several limbs to free it. Nothing like eating a big peice of humble pie!

Ernie
edt
QUOTE(EJR @ Aug 4 2010, 01:17 PM) *
Thanks FCM. I'm curious as to the other two steps... Thankfully the kite survived intact. I did however, have two lines damaged which will need to be replaced before going back out. The maintenance guys had a hell of time getting it out. One of the bridal lines was looped over a big branch and they had to chain saw several limbs to free it. Nothing like eating a big peice of humble pie!

Ernie

Congrats! I was hoping your kite would be ok, when I saw your kite still had the bladders full and it looked like you didnt have tears. As long as the kite is safe, it's all good.

How did you put it in the tree? Did you slip in the goo?
FellowCountryMan
QUOTE(EJR @ Aug 4 2010, 01:17 PM) *

Ernie

The 3 steps to becoming a Metro kiter are:

1) Putting a kite in a tree.
2) Getting pulled around the grassy area on a launch gone bad.
3) Getting " The Bubble Gut " from the water.

If after completing those 3 steps and your still ok with kiting Metro you officially are truly a Metro Kiter. I'll admit I have been through that list more than once.

Saftey Rick
QUOTE(FellowCountryMan @ Aug 4 2010, 03:33 PM) *
The 3 steps to becoming a Metro kiter are:

1) Putting a kite in a tree.
2) Getting pulled around the grassy area on a launch gone bad.
3) Getting " The Bubble Gut " from the water.

If after completing those 3 steps and your still ok with kiting Metro you officially are truly a Metro Kiter. I'll admit I have been through that list more than once.

4 Ebola
MikeB
I got my kite stuck in the tree to the right of the launch! laugh.gif Was that your new lightwind kite you were talking about? Oh... Since I can't seam to private message anyone on this site? Rick.. I seen your jump to the pond on YouTube. I must admit- It was much more impressive when I was walking on the beach and you came flying over me and landed in the pond. It took me a little while to figure it out since it wasn't really that windy on the water. Maybe, 10ft max jumps but dropped right down in 3 seconds. Here you come with a 20 foot floater over the beach!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.