Hey Guys - just got back from an incredible long weekend up in Tawas, MI. Brad, Mike and I headed up there last Wednesday night and had three awesome days of riding. The thermals were kickin big time. Saturday afternoon we were down to the 8M kites and still completely lit. If you haven;t made the trip, just quit your job and go...it is worth it. Where else can you ride miles of knee deep, crystal clear water with smokin wind on a 85 degree day? unreal. Got some lake sessions on the huron side and some flatwater sessions in the bay as well.

I finally got the courage...and enough grief from friends to try boosting some jumps...most ended in glorious splashes with varying degrees of height, but by Saturday I actually started riding some of them away, and had some nice air to boot. amazing fun. I think Brad set a new world speed record on his 8M LF Havoc - never seen anyone go that fast on such a small kite. Mike put it all together for the first time and was staying up wind and riding well - big weekend for him.

Met a bunch of the locals up there Rick, Mark-MCK, Brian-GLK and a bunch of great folks from Chicago too. Thanks to all who gave us tips on where to go, ride, stay, etc. I counted 21 kites in the Bay on Saturday, but there was plenty of room.

Major props to Rick for his massive land gap jumps from the bay over to the lake - that was cool. I am not sure that family who was having a nice quiet picnic out by the point expected to see a kiteboarder flying over their heads, but aside from a little water on their food, there was no harm done.

can't wait to go back.