Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MBay or bust!
Kite U.S. Forums > KiteMI & Ontario Canada Forum > Canada
KyleK
the plan was to hit up a day trip to Tawas but yesterdays hard sessioning at Metro and a few pops last night have me and the Keister thinking a more leisurely drive is in order so hell yeah Mbay today!

Hopefully get to see some o yous out in Swanland.
Tim Blanchard
So how was it kyle wink.gif
Tim

QUOTE(KyleK @ Jul 16 2010, 04:17 PM) *
the plan was to hit up a day trip to Tawas but yesterdays hard sessioning at Metro and a few pops last night have me and the Keister thinking a more leisurely drive is in order so hell yeah Mbay today!

Tim Blanchard
Find any swans?

QUOTE(KyleK @ Jul 16 2010, 04:17 PM) *

KyleK
Well Tim, lemme tell ya

it was a real scenic drive over, a mellow cruise over bridges, on ferries, along the St. Clair delta. new buildings on Walpole Island and wind turbines at Mitchells Bay.

The trees and crops were a'shaking as we cut down Electric Line, I was like "oooh its windy". the first thing I heard when I parked and saw moderate whitecaps on the bay was the declaration that "its not as good as yesterday", I knew as much as I was pretty sore from the day before at Metro. The declarer was right as it turned out to be a 3 hour schlogfest, on the edge but not firing. We walked all the way out to the first slick and waited for it to turn on but the birds on the island were laughing at us (seriously) so eventually we went in for some ice cream.

then around 730 Pete dismissed the skim for his board and it was on. medium powered at first, it seemed to increase a knot about every 20 minutes for two hours. did not make it out to see the Lair of the Swans but the deep bay treated me well. Very fun sunset session with Timmah B, Pete, and Tim Keister. Sweet to see the splendid skills of Golden Boy O.G., many front variations with the huge, totally inverted front roll and tantrums both ways! stoked! The sky was gorgeous sunset/dusk with some dramatic clouds and beautiful light, we kept riding right into the night.

too late to catch the ferry so we had to take back down around the south side of the lake - yep, full loop around LSC. got home 'round midnight.

I forgot to pick up a Coffe Crisp so Im gonna be back soon!
Kiteboarder42
that was a sick sesh
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.