Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Suggestions 4th of July Weekend
Kite U.S. Forums > KiteOH Ohio Forum > Water
MarkW
Hi Everyone,

I have posted something already a few month ago, unfortunately I had so much stuff to do at work that I would not concentrate on kiting.
But finally I have this weekend off. has someone any advice where to spend a great kiting weekend ? I live in Pittsburgh and wouldn t mind driving for a bit. The only problem I do have is, that I got all my equipment back in Europe. So I would need a place where I could rent some stuff.

Thanks so much for your help can t wait to get back on the water.

Mark
Turtle
QUOTE(MarkW @ Jun 29 2010, 11:22 AM) *
Hi Everyone,

I have posted something already a few month ago, unfortunately I had so much stuff to do at work that I would not concentrate on kiting.
But finally I have this weekend off. has someone any advice where to spend a great kiting weekend ? I live in Pittsburgh and wouldn t mind driving for a bit. The only problem I do have is, that I got all my equipment back in Europe. So I would need a place where I could rent some stuff.

Thanks so much for your help can t wait to get back on the water.

Mark

Mark, go to the shops and schools section of our sister site Kite Michigan www.KiteMI.com it lists most of the shops in the Great Lakes Region including our area.

If you call a shop just ask if they do rentals, some might depending on your skill level. For a weekend trip I am partial to East Tawas on Lake Huron here in Michigan. It might be too far for you since its 3 hours from the Michigan/Ohio border. In East Tawas there are two local shops that do rentals, lessons and camps. My second choice for a weekend trip would be the west coast of Michigan (Grand Haven) on Lake Michigan. I think it is also about 3 hours from the Ohio/Michigan border with shops that do rentals too.

I hope that helps!

John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.