Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: sunset sesss
Kite U.S. Forums > KiteMI & Ontario Canada Forum > Canada
kedow
Nice N wind popped up last night just before 8. In 5 minutes went from 3-4 knts SW to
15knts from the north. Moon rose just after the sunset, made for a nice surprise session
after all this dead air.
Cruz
Ed you lucky son of a gun. I was finishing some yardwork when that thermal kicked in. Oh how I wished I was already on the lake with my gear locked and loaded.
tingrin
QUOTE(kedow @ May 28 2010, 09:20 AM) *
Nice N wind popped up last night just before 8. In 5 minutes went from 3-4 knts SW to
15knts from the north. Moon rose just after the sunset, made for a nice surprise session
after all this dead air.

If you looked to the south there was a big isolated storm system over lake erie and south shore of ontario that was probably partially responsible for sucking in all that air from the north.

What do you think about tonight around 5-7 pm. Seems like it may pick up around then to about 15 knots or so. I will try to be at belle river if anyone wants to join in the fun.

Paul
tingrin
QUOTE(kedow @ May 28 2010, 09:20 AM) *
after all this dead air.

Oh, I forgot to ask you Ed how cold was the water. This will be my first session for the season. Is it shorty weather yet?
kedow
You know its funny you should mention the huge T storm. I think that is
what initiated that north wind. It was a spectactular sight as the sun set
next to it!!! I was out for a bit more than an hour from 8.45 to 10.00, the
whole time there was a lot of lightening etc coming out of it. After I came in
I watched it on the radar and it was moving very slowly down the river. I was
concerned about it affecting the wind, ie gusts, change in direction but it
was just one big vacuum and created a nice night.... because it was 25 miles
away.

To answer your questions, the water was fine, first day I wore a shorty, had
a shirt on underneath as well.

Just did a check of local wx. Conditions look excellent for evening session.

If you want a wind report give me a call 519 728 0707 I would think the wind should
be up around 7.00 .
kedow
came in earlier than expected, surfs up its 5.45 pm. Don't hesitate, just go!
kedow
Beautiful evening session, wind 15-18kts rode with Tin Grin
for couple hour sess....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.