Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mentor this Saturday
Kite U.S. Forums > KiteOH Ohio Forum > Water
biohorn
Saturday looks to be a great day at Mentor Headlands.

Time to get out those lonely little kites sitting in your closet. (Except for Joel who will surely be riding his 9M again.)

NOAA:
Saturday: WNW wind 18 to 23 kt becoming W 29 to 34 kt. Winds could gust as high as 43 kt. A chance of showers. Waves 3 ft building to 11 ft.

If Windfinder shows 24 that means it will probably blow at least 40. Let's just hope it is not too much...
Any Detroit guys want to come over?
suckinseawater_merged
Gale is a dirty girl

Click to view attachment
SaulOhio
NOAA says:

SATURDAY
WEST GALES TO 35 KNOTS INCREASING TO 45 KNOTS. SHOWERS
LIKELY. WAVES 10 TO 14 FEET.

SATURDAY NIGHT
WEST GALES TO 40 KNOTS BECOMING NORTHWEST AND
DIMINISHING TO 30 KNOTS OVERNIGHT. RAIN SHOWERS LIKELY IN THE
EVENING...THEN A CHANCE OF RAIN AND SNOW SHOWERS OVERNIGHT. WAVES
10 TO 14 FEET...SUBSIDING TO 7 TO 10 FEET.
WINDS AND WAVES HIGHER IN AND NEAR THUNDERSTORMS.

Yes, Gale does blow.

I'll be there, with my camera, but I'll probably be windsurfing. I may put my waterproof HD camera on my helmet. If you see me windsurfing with a helmet and that thing on my head, don't be afraid to come pretty close.
biohorn
Gonna be windy--may be too much of a good thing. Who's bringing Monopoly?

joel
I'll bet some of the randomly parked car buddies would like to play some monopoly with you. Pants optional.
SaulOhio
It might be light enough early in the morning. If not, Saturday should be good in the morning. I do Fairport Harbor on a NW wind.
SaulOhio
I decided it was too much for Mentor, so I went to Whiskey Island in the morning. I sailed my 4.2 for a couple hours till it got too big.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW2ZsG76YzU

Headlands should be good tomorrow morning. Maybe most of the day.
suckinseawater_merged
Pooooooooosy
SaulOhio
Did anyone else even get out on the water at all? Huh? Well Mister Big Man? Huh? Didja?
SaulOhio
I'm leaving for Fairport Harbor now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.