Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Downwinders
Kite U.S. Forums > KiteOH Ohio Forum > Water
TPink

Picked this up on another thread. It's fun to watch.

http://www.vimeo.com/11110192

Would love to do a long downwinder this summer!!

Maybe work one through the main cleve breakwall and end up somewhere east or west of it
depending on the direction...
suckinseawater_merged
Im in wanna try one from Mentor beach park or farther west somewhere to headlands the other good one will be the causeway at Cedar Point to Huron.
Theres a new 185 hp wmd in the fleet so we can go just about anywhere The Mentor one on a big w sw would be unreal just park it and ride.
biohorn
Makin' me homesick for S-FL kiting.

I'm all for Wendy Park to Mentor Headlands!

Anyone else watching the crazy weather modeling going on? Every day shows a different wind direction change for each day next week. Who else is impatient?

It does look like it is going to turn North and be good (maybe Tuesday.) Who is off work Tuesday?

Hans
SaulOhio
I just built myself a board that would be excellent for downwinders out on the open lake.

A couple of guys do downwinders on NE winds from Sims Park to Euclid Beach on a regular basis. I did it once by leaving a bicycle at Wildwood yacht Club.

Whatever you want to do for a downwinder, I would suggest doing it on a NE wind.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.