Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New in the US
Kite U.S. Forums > KiteOH Ohio Forum > Water
MarkW
Hi there,

I just got to the US due to Business: I am living and working in Pittsburgh for the next few months.
I was afraid that I wont be able to go kiting at all, didn t know that kiting was also that big over here at the lakes. Which defintely makes me very happy and excited. Unfortunately I am just getting overhelmed with all the information about the spots. I am just looking for some spots around Cleveland, which I could reach for a session after work. Could be great if someone could help me out here. Would love to get to know some spots and also meet some locals on the water!

Is there a kiteboarding shop anywhere around Pittsburgh? Cleveland ?
Which website do you recommend to check the wind over here? Which one is most reliable?

Sorry about all those questions. Hope to meet you guys pretty soon on the water.

Cheers,

Mark
Turtle
There is a good group in and around cleveland. Some of the launches are not beginner friendly, so be sure to get with the locals for hazzards and local rules. Here is an launch guide Joel a Cleveland area rider put up a couple years back http://www.kiteus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=113

What level of a rider do you consider yourself?

No shops in or near Cleveland, but there is one further West in Toledo. Here is a link to all of the Great Lakes Shops on our KiteMI website http://michigan.kiteus.com/retailers.htm

Check the www.KiteMI.com website for other Great Lakes related links.

John
Turtle
Mark, you can also go to www.KiteUSforums.com which is the main page for the entire forum with all sorts of resources, events and area specialized forums.

John
MarkW
Thank you very much for ur information.

well, i have been kiting for a few months at several spots and conditions (flat water and waves). I am sure about what I am doing and just about learning my first jumps...

How crowded are the spots .. ? as you also said, would like to speak to some locals first, before going on the water. Which spot do you advice to meet some guys ?

Any website for weatherconditions or maybe even webcams ?

Thank you so much for your help.

Can t wait to get on the water... unfortunatelly my equipment is still anywhere on the way from germany...
joel
Hit Presque Isle in Erie, PA on south winds. Conneaut on WSW to NE. You'll find some people from Pittsburg at those spots. Especially once it starts warming up a bit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.