Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: From escaping the snow...
Kite U.S. Forums > KiteOH Ohio Forum > Water
biohorn
What would you all do when your first day in the Florida Keys looks like this:

ohmy.gif

Any Keys activity suggestions? And please do not mention stand up paddleboarding. Am I the only on who thinks it is gay?

We may spearfish...other ideas?
BizB
Airhogs helicopter dog-fighting?
Cruz
Whiskey and women. Or spearfishing followed by whiskey and women.

Have you tried SUP? More fun than you think.
redskykiter
He figured it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJZ0DQuKsKQ
wimpykite
QUOTE(redskykiter @ Feb 22 2010, 07:13 PM) *

the dude rocks 90 fkn miles worth of it.
jitters
depending on what key your on. I have some good contacts down ther. dont loose hope it will turn nw within a day or two, you need to find someone with a boat though to get to the gulf side. if you want you can call me 248.778.8797
biohorn
QUOTE(jitters @ Feb 23 2010, 05:24 PM) *
depending on what key your on. I have some good contacts down ther. dont loose hope it will turn nw within a day or two, you need to find someone with a boat though to get to the gulf side. if you want you can call me 248.778.8797

Thanks Jitters. Got this a little late. Had to come back to Cleveland on short notice to this lovely snowfall.

I went out with the Kitehouse guys to the flats with a friend who was taking lessons.
Nick was complaining about the unbelievably weird weather. 1 of ten days being kiteable...We had a strong north on Thursday (10M). It was freezing! I needed my Cleveland gear (4-3 full suit and gloves.) Thank goodness they loaned me some rubber.

Nick is always awesome. He pumps your kite, gets your lines set. If you have a problem he or one of his instructors take care of it (and quickly!)

Patrick had a good lesson and should be up and riding soon.

Maybe I should not complain about nice weather in Key West. We had one great day kayaking at Bahia Honda. Got some great wasps.
wink.gif

Will take you up on that offer for a future trip.

Hans
joel
QUOTE(biohorn @ Feb 21 2010, 06:13 PM) *
What would you all do when your first day in the Florida Keys looks like this:

Didn't you just take pictures of Suckinseawater in bed last time that happened?
biohorn
QUOTE(joel @ Mar 1 2010, 11:15 AM) *
Didn't you just take pictures of Suckinseawater in bed last time that happened?

Yup...just like Cinderella. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.