Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheatly for waves on friday after wrk
Kite U.S. Forums > KiteMI & Ontario Canada Forum > Canada
Tim Blanchard
If anyone wants to join me for a wave session friday afternoon (hope to get there about 4pm) I will be at Wheatley. The spot to lauch is the public beach beside holiday harbour campground.

here are directions
http
://www.staycanada.ca/details/19758-hol...sort_wheatley/

This is an advance only spot with alot of current (more difficult riding spot than Kettle Point on Huron) but if you are looking for waves this spot is sick and forecasts is looking like it is going to be huge tomorrow.

Here is the bouy link, hope to see it 6ft plus by noon tomorrow.
http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=45005

Tim
NickChmielewski
I think I can swing through Wheatly on the way home .....The W Erie bouy is showing 30knts @ 5pm, any idea what the near shore winds will be like Tim?

Tim Blanchard
QUOTE(NickChmielewski @ Oct 22 2009, 11:11 PM) *
I think I can swing through Wheatly on the way home .....The W Erie bouy is showing 30knts @ 5pm, any idea what the near shore winds will be like Tim?

Prob around the same. I have ridden here twice on Easterlies this fall and checked the buoy when I got home and what the w.erie was saying was pretty much what I rode in. ENE is sideshore to a slightbit side off; E sideshore and SE side on.

Hope to get there by 4 so can give me a call at 519-919-7907 if you want and update. Current is really strong so you will want to make a beeline upwind your first tack out before riding any waves to get the spot dialed in and stay away from the breakwalls that start about 500m downwind.

Tim
Tim Blanchard
buoy is at 7ft, looks killer for this afternoon.

Tim
NickChmielewski
im @ a job in leamington right now and its raining cats and dogs......hopefully it lets up a bit by 4
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.