Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Big
Kite U.S. Forums > KiteOH Ohio Forum > Water
suckinseawater_merged
http://www.flickr.com/photos/imsognar/sets...57622413161493/

no kite shots we tag teamed on the water some crazy vids to come.
That tree the wave is spraying on is 35 feet tall !
redskykiter
I hear there was carnage? (and not me this time wink.gif)
suckinseawater_merged
QUOTE(redskykiter @ Oct 7 2009, 05:32 PM) *
I hear there was carnage? (and not me this time wink.gif)

My 7m is one with the boulders it was it and me or just it I chose the latter and a long spooky swim into a 7 knot rip dragging two boards caught a few big ones on the knob but eventually the breakers washed me in. We lost a board for a bit the rip was so strong it drained it outta the bay and eventually tossed it up on the wall even that was a scary rescue with big ones crashin every 6 secs on the wall I got to it on the leward side but it was still nuts !
All in all the best biggest day we have ever had , we shot a boatload of vid, Dons gonna pull some stills.
Old dudes rule 50 kts.
Gnar
biohorn
Jerry, Joel, myself and Brian got in on the action after work.

I wound up doing one of these:

Had a great view of all the other riders from above...then wind picked up and they were rockn' on 16M. I was lit on the big board and a 13M. Lofty wind that yanked the board right off my feet. The pm deep orange glow was memorable... great view of the sunset over the lake and horizon while we rode. Thanks for the board rescues guys!

We also got a view of Mark's 7m decorating the breakwall.

H.
joel
Christmas presents all around!

suckinseawater_merged
cpl pics a friend shot

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
suckinseawater_merged
One last group Dons off the vid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/imsognar/sets...57622420414979/
Saftey Rick
Nice! ex. big spray 4 *****
Luke War
I got a fun little sunset session in on Wednesday evening at Vermilion.

Great time until the self landing went FUBAR and my 16M powered up when I wasnt ready. Luckily a nice tree decided to grab it for me. Took a bit for it to let go, but it finally did. I think I need a new set of lines now though...shit.
Luke War
QUOTE(Saftey Rick @ Oct 8 2009, 07:14 PM) *
Nice! ex. big spray 4 *****

Damn I wonder how high up that spray is going in that shot
EpicKiteMag
QUOTE(Luke War @ Oct 9 2009, 12:35 AM) *
I got a fun little sunset session in on Wednesday evening at Vermilion.

Great time until the self landing went FUBAR and my 16M powered up when I wasnt ready. Luckily a nice tree decided to grab it for me. Took a bit for it to let go, but it finally did. I think I need a new set of lines now though...shit.

For you Luke, Trees, Houses...whatever it takes!
At Sherod Park I've had good luck (with the right wind direction) walking up the hill and landing my kite in the soccer field!

Where in Vermilion did you go?

JC
Luke War
J -

I just went to the beach downtown. Side on all the way to shore...it was a fun session!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.