Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Score on Lake Michigan!
Kite U.S. Forums > KiteOH Ohio Forum > Water
EpicKiteMag
I get a call from suckinseawater (Mark Bauer) asking if I wanted to go to the west side of Michigan to grab a day session at Muskegon. I told him "had to work". After thinking about for a bit I called him back about 15 mins. later and said that I think I was coming down with an upper respiratory infection and would not be making it into work on Tuesday! wink.gif

We loaded up Don's van at 4:30am and 4 of us headed out. It was Don, Hans, Mark and myself.

We get there at about 10am and it's already blowing 18 to 25kts. laugh.gif

Awesome time was had by all and we even met up with a couple of the Lake St.Clair crew! Vlad and Landis made the trip over from the east side.
Great to see them again.

By mid-day the waves started to kick in and Mark, Don and I were enjoying the 4 to 6' sets. Meanwhile Hans decided to go break-wall exploring in the harbor!

Can't wait to get back there again soon.
JC
suckinseawater_merged
Cpl words to add. Manual decompaction a cure all for a slow moving aguadookie.
And Hans had his traditional meeting with the local search and rescue powers that be while out for a breakwall stroll.
Helluva a 20 hr day.
Victor
Great shots and good seeing you at Metro. Hope you didnt get sick from the water at Metro. Few are in the hospital after coming down with Ebola virus and two riders we have been not heard from since.
KyleK
nice one JC.

Straps, Landis dont need no straps eh. very nice pic.

Jerry, did you freestyle the fish?

Hansy Man, what did you see out there?
EpicKiteMag
Sorry K2, no freestlyin' with the fish. Limited room for gear so I chose to go with the Fuse. Forecast was also for 20 to 30kts. Figured that the fish would get to big with the "magical" 10m Evo!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.