Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: eastside of belle river?
Kite U.S. Forums > KiteMI & Ontario Canada Forum > Canada
robbie duck
I 'm thinking belle on a west wind sounds really good, there should be a nice slick glass beside the pier and waves to the outside anybody game? Once it turns West that is..
Brian Hinz
how are the conditions there? are there any shallow spots? Also, how strong is the current?
kedow
Rob did you get out?

I've rode the spot a few times and it is... solid glass and then very small
chop further out. Can be some nice waves at the end of the pier on the east side as well, on a west wind. There is no current.

The only thing to watch for is that they are constructing a new water intake pipeline about a half mile
to the east of the pier. It was well marked the last time I was out there.
robbie duck

Rob did you get out?

Yes I got out.. Conditons were exactly what you described. I love that glass behind the pier, I think that 's one of my favorite spots. I was the only kiter there. Everybody was probably at M Bay right, but I 'll take that place over M-Bay on West/North West anyday.
robbie duck
I also notice they have signs up that say private beach starts here, and no swimming. Can we still ride there?
tingrin
Where did you launch from? Normally last year we launched on the beach on the west side of the pier. But I noticed that they put in a new beach on the west side with a nice paved parking lot. But I saw an "absolutely no swimming" sign on this beach.....maybe because of the construction???

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.