Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GLK Memorial Day Demo day
Kite U.S. Forums > Industry Resources & Information > Events, Group Trips & Camps > Events
GRJosh
Due to the positive response from everyone for the kiteboarding and camping event planned for memorial day weekend, The GLK crew has decided to turn this into a full blown Demo event! So come on up to Tawas State Park and check out the 09' line-ups of the latest and greatest--

-Best (This years lineup of the Kahuna, Nemesis, and Waroo are getting awesome reviews so far)
-Slingshot (the new RPM should be pretty nice!)
-Wainman (the 12m "Boss" got my 235lb ass up in about 10kts of wind!!!)
-And a whole crap load more!

Although the kiting will be much dependent on the wind (and as any of you know who have kited in Tawas , its pretty damn dependable!) the boozing and antics will not be...so bring your drinking hats along with your kites!!!

Our plan is to find campsites at the Tawas State Park, and if all else fails there is always tent city and Mai Tiki. Oh yeah...heres the link for the facebook signup.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=8900...eid=89003389347
airforce86
QUOTE(GRJosh @ Apr 17 2009, 03:48 PM) *
Due to the positive response from everyone for the kiteboarding and camping event planned for memorial day weekend, The GLK crew has decided to turn this into a full blown Demo event! So come on up to Tawas State Park and check out the 09' line-ups of the latest and greatest--

-Best (This years lineup of the Kahuna, Nemesis, and Waroo are getting awesome reviews so far)
-Slingshot (the new RPM should be pretty nice!)
-Wainman (the 12m "Boss" got my 235lb ass up in about 10kts of wind!!!)
-And a whole crap load more!

Although the kiting will be much dependent on the wind (and as any of you know who have kited in Tawas , its pretty damn dependable!) the boozing and antics will not be...so bring your drinking hats along with your kites!!!

Our plan is to find campsites at the Tawas State Park, and if all else fails there is always tent city and Mai Tiki. Oh yeah...heres the link for the facebook signup.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=8900...eid=89003389347

I just got approved so I can take off the Friday and Monday. Ill be there early friday morning (swinging by the shop to say hi to sam) or very late Thursday night and finding a place to camp smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.