Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: more sun and fun
Kite U.S. Forums > KiteMI & Ontario Canada Forum > Canada
kedow
A nice suprise this morning, upgraded wind strength all day, its on
here, looks like it will be all day, going for downwinder to BR (9 miles)
around noon.

Ed
robbie duck
How cold is the water ED? Is it ok for a wet suit yet?
NickChmielewski
QUOTE(robbie duck @ Apr 14 2009, 11:08 AM) *
How cold is the water ED? Is it ok for a wet suit yet?

do tell ED.....
how is it out there

i got the itch
kedow
Hey,
I'm wearing a 4/3 wetsuit with a 1-2 mill shirt underneath. I have not found
it cold out, I've only been out when it is sunny. I find that it makes a big difference
in how warm you can stay. I've been in the water a couple times after wipeouts and
it definitely is cold when you are fully immersed. I also wear 4mm boots, 4mm gloves and
a full hat, which is a must in my book. The scuba shop off Lauzon in Windsor has all
the stuff and for $150 you can get hat, boots and gloves.

See you on the water

Ed
Kiteboarder42
wal-mart, at least the giagantic one in sarnia, has neo gloves, prolly 2mm ish, very comfy and well fitting, for $20. i have 5mm gloves from the scuba shop and they suck cause your fingers get cold after a bit anyways, and they are so thick that you can't grip the bar for a long time.

i would go and get the walmart gloves for the flexibility (and price), especially now that it is only going to get warmer.

they were called paddling gloves in the sporting department by the fishing and canoeing stuff.

its getting warm outside too so honestly i wouldn't get anything but boots cause you won't use the hood/gloves till november anyways

-pete
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.