Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: belle river/stoney point open for business
Kite U.S. Forums > KiteMI & Ontario Canada Forum > Canada
kedow
I'm at home and it's blowin a solid 15-17 side onshore.
Was leaving to go to M.B. when wind shifted to WNW 280-290 degrees.
Not a cloud in the sky, setting up for very lifty, thermally day as farmers
fields heat up.
Wind is rock solid no gusts, fan On!

It's going to be good. If interested 519 728 0707

Ed
jmguillemette
QUOTE(kedow @ Apr 8 2009, 11:59 AM) *
I'm at home and it's blowin a solid 15-17 side onshore.
Was leaving to go to M.B. when wind shifted to WNW 280-290 degrees.
Not a cloud in the sky, setting up for very lifty, thermally day as farmers
fields heat up.
Wind is rock solid no gusts, fan On!

It's going to be good. If interested 519 728 0707

Ed

Your killing me.. belle is just a bit outside of my after work driving range ( London ON )
Was debating about trying M-bay.. i could be there by about 5.30 pm give or take 15 min.

kedow
Solid 16m riding, was wrong about the gusts, big long ones,
riding is great. Wind will probably pick up some more, here comes
a nice evening session.
kedow
Ok, so last night was huge.

Joined by Tony Cruz after he battled suspicious Customs officiers, the indignity of being pulled
over into secondary after being mistaken for Eminem, highway construction flagmen who
stopped him and then went on break, he arrived anxious to hit the h2o.

Clear sunny skies prevailed and after some initial weak wind of 13-15 kts for the first 15 minutes
it picked right up to 17-18 steadied out and was very lofty. Once again the farmers fields were warmed
up by the sun which provided a great wind generator as the cool lake air hits the land and then is lifted by the warm air off the fields. Same effect as the parking lot creates at Metro. Perfect conditions for a three mile downwinder. I rode 14m Raven while Cruz was on 16 north.

Rode til dark with a full moon rising as the sun set behind us, perfect end to a great day.

Tony, glad you made the trip!

Ed
jmguillemette
QUOTE(kedow @ Apr 9 2009, 09:09 AM) *
Ok, so last night was huge.

Joined by Tony Cruz after he battled suspicious Customs officiers, the indignity of being pulled
over into secondary after being mistaken for Eminem, highway construction flagmen who
stopped him and then went on break, he arrived anxious to hit the h2o.

Clear sunny skies prevailed and after some initial weak wind of 13-15 kts for the first 15 minutes
it picked right up to 17-18 steadied out and was very lofty. Once again the farmers fields were warmed
up by the sun which provided a great wind generator as the cool lake air hits the land and then is lifted by the warm air off the fields. Same effect as the parking lot creates at Metro. Perfect conditions for a three mile downwinder. I rode 14m Raven while Cruz was on 16 north.

Rode til dark with a full moon rising as the sun set behind us, perfect end to a great day.

Tony, glad you made the trip!

Ed

sounds awesome... ill have to make the drive down there during the week next time the conditions look good.
i was at belle last weekend.. can you provide a google maps link to where you launch from.. curious to know if i was at the exact same place.

J>
Cruz
A rewarding session indeed, despite being profiled and harassed by Canada's finest (usually it's the stateside customs with a stick up their ass). Very "lifty" thermal conditions. Not too cold. Thanks for the invite Ed. Must do it again.

FYI: Belle River launch is at the beach. We launched from Kedow's place right on the lake.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.