Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Great session today at LCCC
Kite U.S. Forums > KiteOH Ohio Forum > Land / Snow
Joe G
Brad and I scored at LCCC today. There was about 10 inches of perfect powder on the big field out there. The wind was good but a little gusty...a typical SW but provided a great session on the 12Meters. Rode till our legs were screaming and then packed it up. The wind was cranking up as we were finishing up. I got pulled out the front a couple times with surprise gusts. Nothing like a face full of powder and a good ol' superman belly ride.

Anybody else get out?

-Joe
joel
luke and i hit the dusky bay. wind was on the light side but the snow was packed so it didn't take much to get going.

SaulOhio
I was at Presque last couple of weekends. Saturday was very light, deep powder, so it was hard getting going with the ski boards, but I managed a good session with some fairly big jumps on my 8M. I bought my first snowboard at Play It Again Sports on the way home and tried it out with a smaller foil yesterday. I managed a few rides, getting upwind and turning a few timeswithout falling, but the snow was warmer and more packed, so I did much better when I switched back to the skis.

A snowboard is the right call for light, deep powder, but I think I had the bindings set wrong. I wanted to turn my foot out a bit, with my toes apart, but the bindings were set parallel. When I got home I turned the bindings out about 15 degrees. SHould that be about right?

I'll still be using skis most of the time, but like I said, a snowboard is the call for powder.

I have some pictures which I will post when I get home today.

Legs are still aching. I needed frequent rest stops because my legs still haven't fully gotten their strength back from my injury last fall.
SaulOhio
I was out at Edgewater ysterday after work. The wind was light, but I got going on my 12M pretty well. The snow was thick and crusty, very easy to get going on. I tried the snowboard again, with the bindings angled out by about 15 degrees. That seemed to work. But I still preferred my ski boards.

I just posted some pictures from Erie in the gallery.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.