Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: mbay
Kite U.S. Forums > KiteMI & Ontario Canada Forum > Canada
NickChmielewski
Mbay looks good

few inches of snow on solid ice, many people ice fishing with their vehicles way out on the lake.

The christmas tree row has some decent drifting around it

headed there this afternoon and tomorrow if there is wind biggrin.gif
mikep
Nick, post how it was. Plan on checking it out next week, anyone else free to shred?? haha
Tim Blanchard
Hey Nick,

Hoping to get out this afternoon at Mbay (sunday) after 1pm, hope to see you there. If snow is not the best right in the bay there is a spot nearby that is protected that should have good snow, but I am sure the bay is nicely packed down by the hundreds of ice fisherpeople that that invaded the bay. Usually is a light SW breeze that picks up about 1pm on winter days like today.

Tim
MercyEh
did anybody make it out yet?
Tim Blanchard
QUOTE(MercyEh @ Jan 12 2009, 09:31 PM) *
did anybody make it out yet?

Hey Matt,
Stopped by MBay yesterday evening to check it out and the snow conditions are sick! No blown out sections at all and 6-8 inches of solid coverage. Snow is not really cemented to the ice in most spots so hopefully it don't get all drifted with bare patches with the upcoming strong NWer's.

Looks like this weekend will be epic and looks warmer esp. for sunday!

Tim
mikep
Hey,
Rode at Mitchell's with Ed. Sick conditions snow very even with a couple of inches of snow on top of the ice, just like Tim said. No bare ice patches at all. Powered up on an 8M. As Tim was saying the wind was blowing quite a bit of snow around so hopefully the ice will stay covered. I'll be in for the weekend if conditions permit, looking forward to it!
kedow
Sweet flat speed track out there. Mike neglected to mention (so I will) that he was launching
using a big sheet of flat ice that had piled up bout 6 feet high, made a perfect ramp
with smooth flat landing spot. Nice.

Ed
MercyEh
thats good to hear. i will be there this weekend if it is blowing and a little warmer then -30C
mikep
Hey
Checked out Mbay. Got riding around 3:30 till 5:30. Wicked session, 12M just cruising around. The snow is not blown out. Snow coverage all over. Near the shore and reeds snow is roughly 6 inches deep nice and soft awesome for shredding. So check it out this weekend. Temp was no problem just dress for the condition and no worries. Ill most likely be going out tomorrow aswell.
MercyEh
I will be there sunday if there is any wind. work is getting in the way of alot of winter kiting
airforce86
Hey guys ill be coming home the weekend of the 30th -1st I want to get a ton of snowkiting in while im home on the flat lands of Chatham-Kent. If anyones going to be around that Sunday let me know and we can shred.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.