Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BLIZZARDS :P
Kite U.S. Forums > KiteMI & Ontario Canada Forum > Canada
Kiteboarder42
anyone else getting super stoked on these blizzards tongue.gif
airforce86
IM SOOOO STOKED I TOSSED THE KITES IN MY CAR AND WENT TO WORK JUST IN CASE WE GET A LITTLE WHILE IM AT WORK.

I think im going to start snowkiting on my lunch break we have a little field by where I work.
Kiteboarder42
i'll be kiting from tomorrow to tuesday solid in and around my farm. its gonna be sick. saturday morning i'm hoping to build a kicker, and my friend has a 22' ish rail he said i could pick up so that'll get set up asap too once i can go get it. my sis will be shooting photos as well on my D80.

if you anybody is in k-town stop by. Its gonna rock saturday on the E and sunday on the SW. I've got hot drinks and an air compressor (and hopefully terrain soon)! 816 9066 or 733 9065

SO STOKED tongue.gif

Pete
Kiteboarder42
i just got in. spent the whole day lit to overpowered on my 7.

its gonna be an epic weekend.

pete
Cruz
Hey, I'm gonna be between Sarnia and Alvinston all weekend. Thinking of riding on the soybean fields in Alvinston behind my in-laws Sunday...it gets pretty good exposure on Southerly flow. If any one is in that area and wants to join give me a ring 313.676-9185. What's everyone elses plan of attack? If it's no good I may want to drive elsewhere.

I scoped a massive area at the corner of Bentpath Road and the Road to Wallaceburg (31/Kimball I think). This place needs to be thrashed. All four corners of this intersection wide open, no trees, no wires, massive acreage.
mikep
Cruz I think ill be up for riding tomorrow aswell. The one spot to also think about is the flood way on highway 40. Ill give you a ring later on.
NickChmielewski
QUOTE(mikep @ Dec 20 2008, 03:20 PM) *
Cruz I think ill be up for riding tomorrow aswell. The one spot to also think about is the flood way on highway 40. Ill give you a ring later on.

Hey Guys,

Hope to ride tomorrow too

floodway sounds fun mike w- sw 40kmh

or kingsville??? how is you field pete??
got any kickers/slides yet ? got snow? will w-sw work there?

drop a post here tonight or in the AM

Nick 519-689-4143 or 519-784-3272

Tim Blanchard
Hey Guys,

Stoked on the snow as well but Sunday looks way too stetchy to kite for me. Had my share of gale WSW - WNW days in the snow and wind is sketch and not fun at all to ride (esp. with the -5-15F windchills forecast). Monday thru the rest of the week looks good and more snow mid week. Praying it doesn't get warm next weekend and melt all this snow. Give me a shout monday as I hope to get out.

Drove past the floodway today and looks good to go, would be up for that.

Tim
NickChmielewski
QUOTE(Tim Blanchard @ Dec 20 2008, 11:44 PM) *
Hey Guys,

Stoked on the snow as well but Sunday looks way too stetchy to kite for me. Had my share of gale WSW - WNW days in the snow and wind is sketch and not fun at all to ride (esp. with the -5-15F windchills forecast). Monday thru the rest of the week looks good and more snow mid week. Praying it doesn't get warm next weekend and melt all this snow. Give me a shout monday as I hope to get out.

Drove past the floodway today and looks good to go, would be up for that.

Tim

Ya Tim I hear that,

Just looked out the window and its way too gusty right now.
maybe things will smooth out a lil by afternoon?

If not ...next weekend

Nick
Kiteboarder42
ok made it out for a quick sesh this afternoon. it was blown out and super gusty. i was on my 7. the field is great on a W or SW but the snow right now sucks. we got freezing rain on friday so there is about an inch or so of really tough crusty snow/ice on top of the pow. its hard to get an edge well.
my sesh ended early because i broke one of my bindings trying to dig into the ice and set an edge....

oh and the field isn't killer huge, its just convenient for me cause it's my backyard. there are way better spots, but for me its great cause i can walk to it. it's not worth the drive to kingsville because there are better conditions to be had.

as for terrain i'm hopefully getting a rail soon, and then i'll slowly work on a few small jumps/kickers. then it'll be worth the drive.

tomorrow should be a lot nicer with more stable wind but i probably won't be able get out till i fix my board.

lets hope for snow this week.
Cruz
Sunday was way too sketchy looking indeed. Couldn't agree more. Still, we all know that feeling when you are ready to go and you are sidelined by too much wind. Shrinks your balls a bit.

I was stoked Monday. Pretty light but still plenty to cruise around on with the 16m rebel. The wind blew the snow right off some of the fields leaving a rock hard tundra-like surface, but the drifts along the ditches and treelines was plenty deep. Good fun.

Gonna be out today in states and tomorrow where-ever. Never been to floodway but I am definitely keen. Give me a call Mike.
MercyEh
I'm getting ready to head out now. I going to lakeshore and fleming out by Camlachie. I park off of king st which deadends into the field that i ride. shoud be good its snowing now and about 30 kmh wind
519-332-9529
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.