Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MBay Sunday looking good
Kite U.S. Forums > KiteMI & Ontario Canada Forum > Canada
Tim Blanchard
Bouys are already in the upper teens, so good potential for today after 2pm for some thermal action.

Hunters have almost been not existant this year so far. Basically if the weather is nice they have been staying home as i guess ducks are easier to shot when the weather is nasty.

Tim
Tim Blanchard
Looked like the wind stay SSE and never filled in at the beach. We had good wind riding from the boat off the marshes and could see a few kites in the bay but not for long. When the water is cool as in the late fall and esp. this past spring had alot of south wind forecast days that stayed SE even in the afternoon when it normally clocks side-on. Something to always watch out for.

Tim

robbie duck
Do you think I can get away with no gloves or hood tommorrow in belle river?
Tim Blanchard
Hey Rob,

Froze my ass off sunday in the sun and not to bad air temps so I would say you will not last long at Belle River with out gloves and a hood.

Tim
robbie duck
Thanks for the heads up Tim!
Kiteboarder42
come on you pansies! after the first five minutes sans gloves your hands are numb anyways, so you don't feel the pain!

jk lol. its unfortunately that season again....i wish it'd just freeze over and snow now.

oh and tim, i got totally skunked on sunday. got a 50 ft run in on the skim before the kite fell out of the sky....couldn't get past the wind shadow and i wasn't about to go reed trollin....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.