Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Huron spots for SW and W
Kite U.S. Forums > KiteMI & Ontario Canada Forum > Canada
wolfie
Hey guys,

I'm eyeing this forecast and wondering if there are any good beaches up the Canadian coast to catch SW and W winds:

.SUNDAY...SOUTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS...INCREASING TO 20 TO 25
KNOTS. WAVES 2 TO 4 FEET...BUILDING TO 3 TO 6 FEET DURING THE
EVENING.
.MONDAY...SOUTHWEST WINDS 20 TO 25 KNOTS...WITH GUSTS TO 30 KNOTS. A
CHANCE OF SHOWERS. WAVES 4 TO 7 FEET.
.TUESDAY...WEST WINDS TO 30 KNOTS...WITH GUSTS TO 35 KNOT
GALES...VEERING TO NORTHWEST. WAVES 6 TO 10 FEET...BUILDING TO 10 TO
14 FEET BY NOON...THEN SUBSIDING TO 6 TO 10 FEET DURING THE EVENING.

Thought it'd be cool to try a new spot for the Sunday/Monday forecast. Tuesday I'd go to KP (IF this delivers!)

Thanks!
jimcurran
For a west wind you can catch it from Canatara beach (the one you see from the bridge, 1st beach) all the way to Goderich. A west gets better if you stay a little away from the bridge as it has to come over the US to get us. A west is actually side on shore at our local beaches. A SW is a little trickier for Sarnia. You have to use Colborne Rd. beach (approx. 1 mile up the beach from the bridge) to get it and it is slightly side shore to side offshore but well worth it when it comes because that is the only flat water riding we get here and it is usually very lofty!!!! It has to have plenty of west is it though otherwise it is offshore or we ride under the bridge on a south. Other than Sarnia for a sw I believe that Grand Bend area is great and anything further north from there as well.

Hope this helps

Hope there is a SW on Sunday too!!!!
wolfie
Thanks, very helpful! Do you know where I would go for some wave action in Canada on a SW?
Kiteboarder42
i'll be at mbay sunday, hopefully monday.

hopefully i won't get shot tongue.gif

pete
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.