Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Slow Down a Minute
Kite U.S. Forums > Industry Resources & Information > Resources > Knowledge Center
KyleK
Due to up spring Metro conditions - wind upstairs with almost nothing down low - I had some issues relaunching and consequently had to walk in. Even with your bar wound up when walking in at Metro you are bound to get some seaweedy tangles on your lines. So I spent some anxious moments cleaning up the mess while watching guys busting huge jumps and whooping it up. In my haste somehow I missed a knot in a line that I noticed today. A knot can weaken your line by 50%. So now, because I didnt slow down and pay close attention to what I was doing, I am out cash and time replacing the line.

Even when you want to get on the water so bad dont compromise awareness and getting it right.

Kyle
Tim Blanchard
You can get a knot out of the lines by wetting it and
1) hitting it with a hammer, you will eventually be able to get it out
2) chewing on it also works but hard on the teeth and not so tasty wink.gif I have spent a fair bit of time at the beach chewing on a line gettin the knot out with people watching me thinking "what the hell are u doin"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.