Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1st Inaugural Ohio Kite Rave May 9-11, 2008
Kite U.S. Forums > KiteOH Ohio Forum > Open Discussion
Turtle
Hosted by our Friends at KiteOH.com www.Ohio.KiteUS.com

Here is a link to all the details for the event, more to come at www.OhioKiteRave.com soon!

http://www.kiteus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6701&hl=

Hope to see everyone on Sandusky Bay OHIO in 69 days!

Click to view attachment
BizB
Inaugural.
Luke War
Yep BizB is right.

It cant be called annual yet if it's the first one. huh.gif

Sorry, Ive been pretty much shooting pics and writing photo captions non-stop for the last three days...I need to go to bed.

Super stoked for the event though...it'll be great to have an event in my own back yard (literally!) instead of having to drive somewhere!
Turtle
QUOTE(BizB @ Mar 1 2008, 08:00 PM) *
Inaugural.

Tough Crowd!

Hey, I skipped that class,
Turtle
The South Beach Resort on Sandusky Bay has been chosen as home base for lodging and the "Rave" after party. This resort sprawls 8 acres of Sandusky Bay lake front and is perfectly positioned close to the sandbar. South Beach Resort has a four story 55 room hotel, 18 cottages, on-site marina, boat launch, sand volleyball courts and an outdoor pool. Hotel rooms range from $149 per night that sleeps four to Cottage Villas that sleep 10 for $480 per night and everything in between. When calling to make reservations be sure to mention you are with the "Regatta" to get the discounted room rates. Marina slips for boats will be at no charge if you are staying at the resort. Make reservations early, we expect the resort to sell out.

South Beach Resort

8620 East Bayshore Road

Marblehead, OH 43440

(419) 798-4900

http://www.sbresort.com/

Click to view attachment

Steve Martin
It would be nice to only update 1 of the 3 threads and lock the other 2. You could always add a link to the active thread from the locked threads.
Turtle
QUOTE(Steve Martin @ Mar 9 2008, 05:10 PM) *
It would be nice to only update 1 of the 3 threads and lock the other 2. You could always add a link to the active thread from the locked threads.

I agree and me being the savvy computer dude I am it is my preference. I found out on a couple previous posts that most people on the forum bookmark a specific section like Canada, Ohio, Northern MI, Where you Riding on the Great Lakes, etc. I was told most Ohio riders just go directly to the Ohio Forum and never see anything on the KiteMI one. If they have it book marked and never use the view new posts tab they are out of the loop.

Sorry for the duplicate posting!

John
redskykiter
most Ohio riders just go directly to the Ohio Forum and never see anything on the KiteMI one

Funny I live 2 miles from Michigan and do just that!

I'm trying really hard to get the 9th-11th off...but not looking good sad.gif
SaulOhio
Where do you launch on Sandusky bay, when its a South wind?
Turtle
QUOTE(SaulOhio @ Mar 11 2008, 02:28 PM) *
Where do you launch on Sandusky bay, when its a South wind?

This only relates to the Ohio Kite Rave Event! The South Beach Resort faces South and they have 500ft of sandy beach. If we get lucky we may be able to ride right from the resort beach where everyone is staying. I heard from the original pioneers of Sandusky Bay the sandbar is the promised land that needs to be experienced by all. Just an option and a possibility, makes the resort even more attractive.

Book your rooms and cottages early, lots of interest!

John
Luke War
Saul,

The Sandbar is about the only good place in Sandusky Bay to ride a south wind safely. There are no beaches and very VERY few area's clear enough and/or big enough to launch a kite from.

I pretty much trekked around the entire bay last summer looking for spots to ride from and believe me there aren't many! sad.gif
Turtle
Luke = Pioneer

Luke is like the Christopher Columbus of Sandusky Kiteboarding

Luke War
QUOTE(Turtle @ Mar 13 2008, 07:54 AM) *
Luke = Pioneer

[/i][/b]

Here is a portrait that was painted of me last summer complete with my trusty musket and reliable Indian guide as I forged around Sandusky Bay.

Haha me a pioneer?? Yeah right... laugh.gif
SaulOhio
OK. So how do you get to the sand bar?
Turtle
QUOTE(SaulOhio @ Mar 14 2008, 09:03 AM) *
OK. So how do you get to the sand bar?

OK here are your options to get to the Sandbar for the Ohio Kite Rave Weekend

1. Take your own water vehicle
1. Swim
2. Fly
3. Don't go
4. Get a ride on one of the shuttles leaving from the South Beach Resort

I think 4 is the way to go here!
SaulOhio
I'm trying to decide between options #1, and #1.
Turtle
We have updates on the Ohio Kite Rave, here is the link

http://www.kiteus.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=6701

Turtle
Updates 4/24/2008

REGISTER if your coming PLEASE, need a head count for the party at www.OhioKiteRave.com

Lite Wave Dave is flying in from California for the Ohio Kite Rave to demo his 2008 lineup of Lite Wave Kiteboards and Globe Kites (GK). He is also donating some cool stuff for our raffle. If anyone wants to schedule a demo drop me a PM.

http://www.globekites.com/08/-=GLOBEKITES=-.html

http://www.litewavedesigns.com/index1.html

Ocean Rodeo donated a 2008 Session Harness to the raffle also.

More to come soon!

John

Turtle
I just uploaded some pictures from this weekends Ohio Kite Rave for all to enjoy. Go to www.OhioKiteRave.com and click on the Photo Gallery.

John
Turtle

Brian in the beer chugging contest with Tommy Field's Dad and LiteWave Dave. No Dave is not standing on a chair, these guys are that short!

John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.