Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tuesday & Wednesday NW Edgewater
Kite U.S. Forums > KiteOH Ohio Forum > Land / Snow
Turtle
I know Joel is off in DR enjoying warm water, but it looks like Tuesday after work and all day Wednesday look sick in the Cleveland area.

Keep me posted, I am coming into town Monday night and working Tuesday in Euclid. If the weather forecast holds an Epic Edgewater session could be in the works for the coming week.

John
Luke War
I was out iceboating on the east side of Sandusky Bay between downtown and Cedar Point all day yesterday. If we get the snow that everyone is predicting tonight and tomorrow it should be killer for some snowkiting.

Haha the ice is definately thick enough as some dude decided to land his airplane on it so he could come out iceboating with us for awhile!

Let me know if anyone is interested in riding out this way.
Turtle
Luke, how does your mid-day Wed look for you?

I will be on my way back from Cleveland to Detroit and can leave anytime after 12 noon. That puts me in Sandusky about 2pm or I could leave later and meet you after work for a session.

Let me know, it would be cool to ride in Sandusky.

All does depend on the conditions and wind, etc.

John
suckinseawater_merged
Its supposed to hit late in the day, Im up for the edge after work 4 or 5 ish
Luke War
Hey John,

Wednesday morning until about two, maybe three is when I could ride, but if you come out this way I'll definatly show you where you can rig up and ride from.
don
hey guys

i am off wed morning and afternoon....... i would be glad to meet up with you

let me know

don
suckinseawater_merged
Im in for wed it looks pretty good ,lets shoot for the bayin the am.
SaulOhio
I'm all ready for an after work session today.
Turtle
By my predictions the wind should turn NNW around 2pm and stay about 20mph throughout the night. ShaWINGGGGGG!

I say Edgewater is the ticket for today since they have lights for a night session and I think they don't really officially ever close. I plan to get all my work done in Euclid today so I can Snow Kite my ARS off at the Edge later today and Wed morning.

My ETA to the Edge today is around 4pm and Wed morning possibly when the sun comes up.

John
Turtle
Hey, I just got off the phone with Mo from Cleveland Channel 3 News and she is going to meet us at Edgewater later today to do a story from the news. I will be calling her when I leave Euclid, so if you want your 15 minutes of fame head out to Edgewater later.

Shit, Shower and Shave so you look pretty!

John
Turtle
Alright I now have Channel 5 News and Lake Erie Living Magazine coming out to do stories.

Jerry and I will arrive around 3pm to rig and get ready. All the news crews will be there between 4-5pm.

Who is coming?

John
suckinseawater_merged
Im ridin in my thong then !
Turtle
Jerry and I are in route to the EDGE, it is 3pm!

John
don
sorry missed the edge session .... ryan and i hit M-bay..... had a blast... pics to follow

don
Turtle
Epic conditions at the EdgeWater this afternoon. 15-20 most of the day with 5-6 inches of fresh snow to play in. I was on my 12M until I got blow off it around 6pm. I put up my 8M to do round two and it was too hairy. Jerry rode my 8M most of the day and Mark & Saul joined us.

Watch Cleveland 19, 5 & 3 news tonight, all were out shooting footage and 19 interviewed Jerry. Should be interesting to see how Jerry's mug looks on TV. Lake Erie Living Magazine came out and took a ton of still shots. The photographer said the story may not run until next winter. Lake Erie Living is going to hook us up with some shots to post on the forum. I am sure there are some good ones of all of us.

Wed morning at 8am I am going to the Edge again, anyone going to join me? Should be 2-3 foot drifts to jump of of and an additional 4-6 inches on the ground. ShaWINGGGGGG

John
SaulOhio
I recorded 19 news last night. I didn;t know it would be on those other stations, or I would have recorded them, too. I'll see if I can get it posted somewhere.

I think I can call work and get the day off.
don
Will try to meet up at edgewater around 8am

don
redskykiter
Here's a couple from Don and I at MB yesterday
Ryan

Turtle
Cool pics, Open Water at MB! I figured LSC was frozen solid.

Well we did get our 15 minutes, well 1 minute of fame on Tuesday at the Edge!
Cleveland Channel 5 @ 5pm ran a quick shot of shot of Jerry and I riding, Cleveland Channel 19 at 10pm ran an interview with Jerry, a little jump from me, Saul jumping and a quick shot of Mark in the distance. Jerry and I were watching the 19 news this morning and they ran a different jump shot of me. I AM FAMOUS!

I scored a nice 2 hour am session at Edgewater Park this morning and there was another news crew that stopped for a while and took footage. Saul showed up and joined me about 9am and I took off about 10am.

I landed a couple back rolls in front of the camera and bit it hard many more times. They should have some good stuff to show on the news again today, so let me know. They could show the agony of defeat series featuring the Dragging Turtle and tell everyone not to try this. Or it might show up on the heath part of the news or 1-800 Call Sam ad for injuries attorneys.

I rode hard this morning, but I plan to stop in and see Luke in Sandusky on my way back to Detroit for another session.

Until next time!

John

BizB
"MB" for those of living at the western end of Lake Erie, means Maumee Bay Sate Park.
redskykiter
Ooops yeah I meant Maumee Bay. No open water yet, just a bunch of really wet slushy spots that I wouldn't ride over unless I had a powered kite over my head... rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.