Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Polar Plunge
Kite U.S. Forums > KiteOH Ohio Forum > Open Discussion
Luke War
Hey all,

This Saturday I'm gonna be participating in the 2008 Polar Plunge, taking a dive with a few other lunatics into the frozen waters of Lake Erie. This event is happening to raise money for Special Olympics. Im sending this out to invite anyone who isnt doing anything on Saturday around 1:30ish to come out and watch...maybe even participate if you want!

Also, if you guys have any change to spare feel free to donate to my fund-raising page...it is afterall, for a good cause. Here's the link: https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorP...supId=201654152

Hope to see you guy's out there, if not Im sure there will be pictures. Later!

- Luke
joel
Saturday forecast:

High - 34F
Low - 12F

Wind WSW @28

Brrrrrr. At least its not Sunday when the high is 12F ohmy.gif .

Have fun. If the wind was south you could have done the polar kite dip.
Luke War
Good times good times...

Jumped in twice today...the second time in is the pic of me sitting there experiencing the worst brain freeze of my life.

I'd do it again...and probably will! So next year...who's comin with me??? blink.gif
joel
That looks cold. First pic looks like you're pinching a loaf in the lake.

How'd they get that hole in the huge ice mound??

Turtle
Luke, you are the MAN !!!!!

I bet one word can describe that picture Shrinkage!

John
Luke War
Hahaha it kinda does look like Im doing that doesnt it? Good thing it was too cold to do ANYTHING even remotely close...

They had a front-end loader they used to push all the ice out about 30 yards into the lake...problem was, it kept freezing back over almost immediately. Pain in the ass...my knees and shins are all bruised and cut up from the floating ice chunks. Still worth it though for sure.

Thanks for the support guys.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.