Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: snow kite sat?
Kite U.S. Forums > KiteOH Ohio Forum > Land / Snow
don
it looks like there may be some wind sat.
anybody wants to go .... I am game
just let me know

don
SaulOhio
QUOTE(don @ Jan 22 2008, 03:11 PM) *
it looks like there may be some wind sat.
anybody wants to go .... I am game
just let me know

don

Whats your setup? Skis or snowboard? I am going to Presque Isle this weekend. Its usually a lot of bare ice, especially if there's been a lot of wind, so a snowboard doesn't work too well there.
suckinseawater_merged
Im on for sat if the winds up somewhere , lets wait and see how and where the snow flys, caught a great day at the ashtabula airport today gusty but fun as hell got warm and gooey toward the end but it was good.
Its a haul out there south of asht, but not a bad spot on a south or south west.
don
i use a snowboard....... Saul so Presque is prob not the place

i will be glad to hit the airport if you want ... mark

lets see how things look as sat gets closer

don
SaulOhio
QUOTE(don @ Jan 22 2008, 11:59 PM) *
i use a snowboard....... Saul so Presque is prob not the place

i will be glad to hit the airport if you want ... mark

lets see how things look as sat gets closer

don

I think you could modify a snowboard for use on clean ince. Get a steel strip from Home Depot, drill some holes in it, sharpen one edge, and bolt it to an old snowboard. I tried something like this once, but made the mistake of using ski bindings and boots.

I like ice because it allows a LOT of speed. Last year I got up to 44.5mph measured by GPS. I'm hoping to break 50 this season.
joel
Ice hurts.
SaulOhio
QUOTE(joel @ Jan 23 2008, 08:27 AM) *
Ice hurts.

Wear a helmet and pads.
SaulOhio
I just got a bad ice report from Erie. Seems there's a layer of snow, with a layer of water underneath, then thin ice in areas. Since the snow insulates, this takes a long time to harden properly, so I may be going to Maumee or Sandusky bay instead.

Anyone want to join me?
joel
Heading to holiday valley right now. Seth's coming up tomorrow. If anyone else is heading that way give me a call tomorrow.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.