Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How about Wednesday?
Kite U.S. Forums > KiteOH Ohio Forum > Land / Snow
Joe G
Hey Guys,

Looks like the snow is finally happening and the wind is good too. Anybody else free tomorrow to hit LCC or somewhere else?

Joe
SaulOhio
QUOTE(Joe G @ Jan 1 2008, 03:50 PM) *
Hey Guys,

Looks like the snow is finally happening and the wind is good too. Anybody else free tomorrow to hit LCC or somewhere else?

Joe

Maybe after work at Edgewater. I normally finish at 4:30, but I may be able to get out earlier.
suckinseawater_merged
Im on for lcc in the afternoon. give me a buzz.
joel
The forecast has the wind holding. I'm up for a night time sesh. Let me know when you guys will be out there.
suckinseawater_merged
not much on the ground out this way 2 inches over soggy grass ! might be a wee bit sloooooooow
SaulOhio
Exactly where is lcc?
TPink
QUOTE(SaulOhio @ Jan 2 2008, 05:21 PM) *
Exactly where is lcc?

Ditto??
joel
Lorain Community College

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...p;z=14&om=1
TPink
Doesn't look like any snow in that shot....doh

Seriously That's way west for me. Doug and I might get out down south. Got dumped on last night.

Have fun!!
SaulOhio
LCC is to far inland. I'm going to Edgewater.
joel
QUOTE(TPink @ Jan 2 2008, 02:12 PM) *
Doesn't look like any snow in that shot....doh

Seriously That's way west for me. Doug and I might get out down south. Got dumped on last night.

Have fun!!

Ted and Doug - Scope out some fields over there in the snow belt. Let us know what you come up with. I drove back from Holiday Valley in the blizzard last night. Should be plenty of the white to the east.
joel
heading to the edge.
SaulOhio
I got to Edgewater, put on my boots, harness, and hood, then looked in the trunk, NO SKIS!
joel
Someone got some action out there. Definitely some ski tracks when I got there at six. I rode a solo 16M session for 2 hours in the pow. It was 2 ft deep in places, one of the nicest conditions I've had there.
Doug
QUOTE(joel @ Jan 2 2008, 09:19 PM) *
Someone got some action out there. Definitely some ski tracks when I got there at six. I rode a solo 16M session for 2 hours in the pow. It was 2 ft deep in places, one of the nicest conditions I've had there.

Joel whats up long time no talk. I have been busy with a brand new baby boy. I do want to get out soon and I know of a great field in chagrin falls that is an old farm. I know the owner and we can use it any time. It is huge and has some slope for good jumping. I passed by it during work and it looked like it had alot of pow on it. I will try to get a satmap of it.
Doug
Here is a look at the field.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?addre...me=&dtype=h

Luke War
QUOTE(Doug @ Jan 2 2008, 10:17 PM) *
Joel whats up long time no talk. I have been busy with a brand new baby boy. I do want to get out soon and I know of a great field in chagrin falls that is an old farm. I know the owner and we can use it any time. It is huge and has some slope for good jumping. I passed by it during work and it looked like it had alot of pow on it. I will try to get a satmap of it.

Hey Doug, do you know what they grew/grow in the field? Just curious because hitting frozen corn stalk remnants suck...

We've got some beautiful fields just waiting to be ridden out here in the Sandusky are if anyone ever gets brave enough to head out this way!
Doug
Sorry try this link blink.gif

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?addre...me=&dtype=h
Doug
QUOTE(Luke War @ Jan 2 2008, 10:40 PM) *
Hey Doug, do you know what they grew/grow in the field? Just curious because hitting frozen corn stalk remnants suck...

We've got some beautiful fields just waiting to be ridden out here in the Sandusky are if anyone ever gets brave enough to head out this way!

Luke whats up I would love to kite out that way in fact i am going to Mi in the morning and I can pack the trunk of fun for my return trip around 1:00 you available call me if you want on my cell in the morning if you want to find a place to go.216-701-6255
Doug
Luke the firld is unused as a farm so it is clean ground right in the snow belt
Luke War
Hey Doug...man sorry I didnt get back to you earlier, I just read your post and Ive been working all afternoon.

Granted I got paid to go sledding and take pics of kids eating it on their sleds, but still....

Anyways, did you get any ride time in today?
Doug
QUOTE(Luke War @ Jan 3 2008, 05:47 PM) *
Hey Doug...man sorry I didnt get back to you earlier, I just read your post and Ive been working all afternoon.

Granted I got paid to go sledding and take pics of kids eating it on their sleds, but still....

Anyways, did you get any ride time in today?

No worries Luke my day up in the motor city went long no kiting for me. sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.