Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Introducing www.EpicKiteMag.com
Kite U.S. Forums > KiteMI & Ontario Canada Forum > Open Dialog
Turtle
www.EpicKiteMag.com

www.KiteUS.com in collaboration with www.ChalkPhoto.com have launched Epic Kite Magazine. It's kind of like the Justin Timberlake collaborations, but much cooler. laugh.gif

This will be an Internet based magazine featuring Kiteboarding in and around the Great Lakes including US & Canada. We hope to have our first on-line issue ready by January.

We are looking for ideas, content, stories and photos. Anyone that thinks that have something to share contact Jerry@ChalkPhoto.com or JohnW@KiteUS.com

More to come soon, so let us know what you think!

Click to view attachment
Thomas61
congrats on the launch turtle.. lookin' forward to the first issue. and sweet pic for the cover. I think that is my long lost buddy, Atom in the background. miss ya bud!

T
elkusbry
dang that fish eye makes it look like my kites at 12...

.. maybe it was sad.gif

ps congrads on the lauch aswell guys.
Turtle
Thanks guys, that is not the official cover for January it is just something Jerry whipped up for my post. I can tell you our official cover it is the same rider, but an even better shot.

This project should be fun, so everyone send us story ideas, stories and corresponding pictures. We have a ton of good ones from Heather (Tawas) of Ryan. Let's see who graces the February cover.

Bryan, why don't you try your hand at some writing? You can be our Hatteras Corespondent and write a column each month. call me!. You working for Real next spring? You back home for the winter?

John
purewind07
sounds like a great idea what u are doing turtle
Schubes
You got some sick stuff going on!!

Turtle is the man!!

E
Turtle
It's midnight, Jerry and I have just uploaded the demo version of the Epic Kiteboarding Magazine. If it was not for Josh's programming expertise it would have taken many more hours.

Josh is a Saginaw native currently living in St Pete Florida and one of our KiteUS Team Riders. Thanks Again Josh!

Check it out at www.EpicKiteMag.com and let us know what you think.

John

Turtle
Not sure if everyone knows this, but:

Click the Movie Tickets on the Elkus picture and the Movie Strip on Kyle's picture to see the video options of the online magazine.

Coming soon to a movie ticket near you! A picture perfect Turtle doing a 1080 (3 rotation backroll) and many failed attempts at a 1440 (4 rotations).

If I land the 1440 I get to name it !!!!

John
GRJosh
The new online magazine looks sick! Lookin' forward to the full online issue that comes out!
Turtle
Jerry and I wanted to thank everyone of the positive feedback and STOKE about our new magazine. We never imagined the response would be so far reaching in the Great Lakes and met with such enthusiasm.

Since the launch just about a week ago we have on the ground corespondents in Chicago, Wisconsin, West/North Michigan along with Kingston, Toronto and Cincardine Canada. If you liked the Demo issue, wait until you see what we have in store for Issue One.

Issue One will be on-line May 1, 2008 at www.EpicKiteMag.com
Turtle
Epic Online Kiteboarding Magazine has its premier issue live at www.EpicKiteMag.com

Lot's of great stuff, check it out and let us know how we did on our Spring 2008 issue.

John
FellowCountryMan
Great job guys!

Reading your premier issue has made me think about how great the location I live in for this sport. The entire Great Lake Region is within a reasonble days drive for me. So as your I read you mag and see how great the The Great Lakes are the reality of visiting these spots is not just a dream and can easily happen.

Keep up the great work and I look forward to future issues.

Suggestions for future articles.

Toronto and Hamilton area.
Wisconsin coast
Buffalo area
Lake Superior
Mackinaw Straits ( sailors claim it thermals every day there in the summer )
A winter snowkite issue
Lk. St. Clair Flats ( even though it's in my backyard it's just that great of a place )

Hopefully others will add suggestions and maybe locals with knowledge of these spots can help get articles together for you guys.

Tom

wolfie
Yeah guys, I love it! I read it cover to cover and thought it was great! the photography as well as the writing! Thanks for giving me something productive to do at work! biggrin.gif

Are you guys planning on having a "how-to" section in future editions? I'd really like to see that! It might even be a good advertising opportunity for the local shop owners to submit these types of articles...

How many issues are you shooting for per year?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.