Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tawas Board Riders demo days- Last Weekend Sept
Kite U.S. Forums > Industry Resources & Information > Events, Group Trips & Camps > Events
KyleK
Tawas Board Riders and Detroit Kiteboarding cordially invites everybody to come and test next year's kites at the Tawas Board Riders facility on September 29th and 30th. This will be a sneak peak of 2008 equipment and the new TBR demo shop program.

Come and fly these hot new kites:

- Naish Helix
- Cabrinha Crossbow, Switchblade, and Contra
- Liquid Force Havoc
- Ocean Rodeo Rise
- North Rebel
- Naish Stand-Up Paddleboard
And More!

Timberlane Resorts has been gracious enough to extend a big discount for accomodations at their kite friendly cabins. Timberlane is located right next to TBR, contact and additional info at at www.timberlaneresorts.com. Here is a price list for the cabins:
Click to view attachment

In addition to all the gear testing TBR will be hosting a dinner party Saturday evening.

This should be fun!

GLK LeFeve
Hello everyone,

If youíre looking to demo the new 2008 Havoc our GLK Tawas and St. Clair Shores shop will have a 12 and 16 to demo by next week. The Tawas shop is the only Liquid Force dealer in the area. We will also have the new REV from Slingshot coming soon. Also if you want to demo the new Ruben Lenten Lunacy 129 let me know, I have had this board out 3x and it rocks. It rides like a 135 and loads up like no other board I have been on. Check it out!!

Brian LeFeve
Great Lakes Kiteboarding
22600 Greater Mack
St. Clair Shores MI 48080
586-822 6511

Great Lakes Kiteboarding II
211 Newman St.
E. Tawas MI 48730
989 362 6869
brian@greatlakeskiteboarding.com
glkite.com

GLK LeFeve
Hello everyone,

If youíre looking to demo the new 2008 Havoc our GLK Tawas and St. Clair Shores shop will have a 12 and 16 to demo by next week. The Tawas shop is the only Liquid Force dealer in the area. We will also have the new REV from Slingshot coming soon. Also if you want to demo the new Ruben Lenten Lunacy 129 let me know, I have had this board out 3x and it rocks. It rides like a 135 and loads up like no other board I have been on. Check it out!!

Brian LeFeve
Great Lakes Kiteboarding
22600 Greater Mack
St. Clair Shores MI 48080
586-822 6511

Great Lakes Kiteboarding II
211 Newman St.
E. Tawas MI 48730
989 362 6869
brian@greatlakeskiteboarding.com
glkite.com

abhthree
This is Arnot Heller from Tawas Board Riders.

We are looking forward to our first event and revealing our radically new Demo Shop format and the web-based interface to the people who attend. If you are unable to attend and interested in the Demo Shop program for 2008, please contact me. We believe it is the ultimate way to test all the best new kiting gear.

We're hoping for wind!

Arnot Heller
Tawas Board Riders
abhthree@tawasboardriders.com
(313) 320-9101
Turtle
Arnot, I will send up my Wake Kite demo for you to use for your event. It is a great toy to have for those low/no wind days.

Can you post the room/cabin rates for the cabins next to your shop? It would be cool if everyone could stay right there on the Bay.

John
KyleK
Here is the Cabin rundown:

Aspen: Sleeps 10, 3 bedrooms, 1 bath, 1 queen, 1 double, 2 singles, LOFT: 1 double, 2 singles, fireplace.
Demo Days Weekend Price $295.65

Hickory: Sleeps 9, 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1 king, 1 queen, 1 double, Jacuzzi, fireplace.
Demo Days Weekend Price $295.65

White House: Sleeps 14, 4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 1 king, 3 queens, 3 queen sleeper sofas, Jacuzzi, fireplace.
Demo Days Weekend Price $417.39

Oak: Sleeps 12, 4 bedrooms, 3 baths,1 king, 3 queens, 2 twin sleeper sofas, LOFT 1 queen sleeper sofa, Jacuzzi, wood and gas fireplace.
Demo Days Weekend Price $347.50

Birch : Sleeps 6, 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, 2 doubles, 1 double sleeper sofa, gas fireplace.
Demo Days Weekend Price $243.47

Cedar: Sleeps 6, Sleeps 6, 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, 2 doubles, 1 double sleeper sofa, gas fireplace. Non-Smoking.
Demo Days Weekend Price $191.30

DePine: Sleeps 8, 3 bedrooms, 1 bath, 2 queens, 1 double, 1 queen sleeper sofa, fireplace.
Demo Days Weekend Price $243.47

Elm: Sleeps 6, 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, 2 doubles, 1 double sleeper sofa, gas fireplace.

Fir: Sleeps 6, 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, 2 doubles, 1 double sleeper sofa, gas fireplace.

Note: $100.00 refundable cleaning deposit required for each cottage

No RVís, Campers, Tents
KyleK
If we have a N, NW, or W wind we will be kiting out at the end of the point. To ease the logistics of getting people and gear out there we are planning on having some boat shuttles running right from TBR throughout the day. Any other direction and we'll be kiting at the "normal" spot up the beach from the swim area.

Turtle
I just talked to John Zimmerman at Ocean Rodeo and he is going to be able to get us an 8M & 12M Rise for your event.

http://www.oceanrodeo.com/rise.php

Sweet, new things to try and break!

John

JoeBidawid
Hello All,

I hope to get a chance to see a lot of you this weekend at Tawas. I will be up there Saturday and Sunday. I will have a lot of the 2008 Naish gear with me, including the Helix and Cult kites and some of the new boards.

Joe Bidawid
Naish Great Lakes
Turtle
I am heading up early am on Sunday through Monday night to take advantage of the big South. I don't think the park shutdown will effect us if it happens on Monday because we can be shuttled to the point by boat from Jerry's Marina, which is outside the state park gates. Sunday, Monday and Tuesday in Tawas look really really good!

I look forward to trying out some new 08 stuff.

John

Lake Huron Marine Forecast (updated 9am Saturday)

SUNDAY...SOUTH WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. WAVES 3 TO 5 FEET.
SUNDAY NIGHT...SOUTH WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. GUSTS TO 30 KNOTS AFTER
MIDNIGHT. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WELL AFTER MIDNIGHT.
WAVES 4 TO 7 FEET.
.MONDAY...SOUTH WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS...WITH GUSTS TO 30 KNOTS...
BECOMING SOUTHWEST 5 TO 10 KNOTS. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS. WAVES 4 TO 7 FEET.
.TUESDAY...SOUTHEAST WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS. A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS. WAVES 2 TO 4 FEET.
Turtle
Got into Tawas on Sunday around 11am with Chris to moderate S winds. All the new stuff was on the beach to check out. Cabrinha, Naish, North and Liquid Force's new 08s were rigged and ready for everyone to grab. I was able to ride everything but the Cabrinha, which is the plan for today in Tawas. The Ocean Rodeo kites did not make it in from Canada, but I am hoping they are at Tawas Board Riders this morning. I did not have to pump up my own stuff until like 4pm. My 18M proved perfect for the conditions around 5pm when the wind picked up nicely.

Arnot, great concept and thanks for the beverages on Sunday! Being able to compare 4-5 different kites and boards in the same session and conditions really lets you know which one does it for you. I think we counted 47 kites on the beach and a ton of people.

John
JoeBidawid

Great weekend at Tawas. It was great to see some many familiar faces and the opportunity to meet new riders. Big thanks to Arnot, Matt, and Chris from Tawas Board Riders for the Hospitality and the accommodations. If Sunday was any indication, your demo concept will be a huge success for next year; I wish you all the best. Timberline Lodge was great, thank you Jason.

Joe Bidawid
Naish Great Lakes

Turtle
Sorry for the delay, but I uploaded some sweet pictures of the TBR Demo Days into its own Photo Gallery under Michigan.

Since Mr. Dan Cote (Aspiring Model & Actor) was injured (Kite LOOP) and in a knee immobilizer for the TBR Demo Days he was able to get some real cool photos. Thanks Dan.

I just figured out how to do a bulk upload of pictures so if anyone has 5 or more and you want me to do it send them to me as a zip file to John@Medirectinc.com

John
Turtle
Here is the link to the pictures

http://www.kiteus.com/forums/index.php?aut...q=sc&cat=20

John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.