Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Step-in Bindings
Kite U.S. Forums > Industry Resources & Information > Resources > Kitesnowboarding
Windkiter
Obviously everyone is looking at step in binding for kiteoboarding, so I decided to start this thread, putting my two cents in, and would like to hear what others have to say.

I used to snowboard alot and have three types of steps in systems on my boards; Burton and Rossignol step-ins, and K2 clickers. Keep in mind they are a couple years old and have probably been improved over the last year.
I like the Burton step-in system best. They were least prone to geting clogged and are easiest to get out of. I found that the Rossignol and K2 bindings were easliy cloged and often iced up.
I also ride a 159- 162 free ride board. I'm 6' (185lbs) and this has worked well for me.

Let me know what you ride.

Jeff
KyleK
Ive been riding Drake Podiums for a while. Strap binding, pretty stiff with carbon highback. Always been step in adverse but now looking to try the Flows, Cinch and Fusion. Come on Snow!
FellowCountryMan
I have either owned or ridden almost every binding out there. I currently have to many differnt brands to mention. I have always prefered strap bindings with the Drake Podiums and Burton C14's being my 2 favoites. As far as step-ins go, the Flows provide the best performance when they are properly adjusted. K2 Clickers suck ( I have a set of Yak Boots size 9.5 and SST bindings I will trade for some good brew) thier boots have horible insulation and constantly clog up. The performance is mediocre at best out of the K2 package. The Rossi Switch system is better I had some great days in the powder on this set up and can honestly say there was not much difference from straps. Keep in mind that it does not matter what system you use, they are all going to have snow build up issues in the powder.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.