Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Proper Clothing
Kite U.S. Forums > Industry Resources & Information > Resources > Kitesnowboarding
mIKAEL
Since we just received about 4 inches of snow this week (and more to come!) I'm seriously thinking about the snow season.

All I need to be ready is a good pair of snow pants. I'm looking for a pair that has a bib in the back. Nothing too thick so I don't have a sweaty back, but just enough to keep the snow from coming in.

Can't seem to find them anywhere. They are less popular as they replaced them with some sort of skirt that zip to your coat, but since I wear a fleece/sweater most of the time, it won't work.
Anybody found some in a store? What brand makes them?
Thanks for your help!
KyleK
The only bib/shells I have seen recently are offered by North Face and Spyder. Both are available at BoyneCountrySports. I have a pair of Black Dots (some off brand I found out west) that are a thin shell bib and work fantastic - after some additional waterproofing in the arse area.

Ive always been a big bib fan even on the slopes. Keeps out the pow and allows you to wear a looser fitting pant in the waist without droopy crack exposure. Been wondering for years why more manufactures dont offer a suspended pant. I was impressed with the Excess snow kiting garb I saw last year but dont recall a bib, maybe they offer one now.

With all that snow you shouldnt have to worry about hot mooseheads after your sessions for a while!
Marker and Rossignol bibs in the house too. Just saw'em today.

KK
mIKAEL
Thanks for all the good info Kyle. I'll have to go check them out.
steveblain
You can get blackdots at www.the-house.com . I suppose I should say I don't work for them although it is owned by some buddies. I don't want you to think I'm trying to drum up business. I just spend too much money there so I know they usually sell the black dots.
jlatino
Mika, I was just at TJ Maxx. The had some Northface and Burton snowpants/bibs and jackets for like 50 bucks apiece

TJ Maxx has got tons of snowboarding stuff for dirt cheap minus the equipment.

G
George,

Which tjmax did you go to?

Joe
Christopher
Mikeal,
I have a mostly new pair of Columbia Sportswear bibs that I don't wear anymore. You can have them if you want - it will cost you free lodging for when we invade Barrie this winter!! I used to manage the outlet store in Windsor, so I have alot of crap that I don't wear anymore ( I've given most of it away), but you can have these if you want. They're all black, and part of the Titanium line (waterproof / breathable). Hope you and the "Barrie Crew" are well! Peace!
mIKAEL
SWEET! I'll take them for sure!! smile.gif That's really nice.
I'll definitly save you a spot on our couch this winter! biggrin.gif
We'll let you all know as soon as we get enough snow to ride!! See you soon hopefully.
jlatino
I was at the TJ Maxx at hoover and 11 mile. SW corner. They are still there. Just went by today. Spyder Gear too.

G
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.